Sharp pain in c-section scar?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ClaireMuir123, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ClaireMuir123

ClaireMuir123 Mummy to Jayden and Ava

Hiya!

This morning I was lying in bed and got a horrible pain at the right hand side of my c-section scar. I was like RLP but focused on the scar and it was very very sore :( I was wondering if anyone else had this and if it is anything to worry about? I'm mainly worried because my womb ripped when I had the secion with my son and have this horrible irrational fear that my placenta is attatched to the scar and I'm gonna have major troubles when I have the baby (don't tell me I'm being sily, I already know this lol)

Claire xxx

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

i havnt had any pain in mine at all so im no help!but id give ur midwife a quick ring hun just for reasurrance. I dont think your fear is irational. My dd was breach and her cord wrapped round her several times. This bump isnt breach but im still worried bout cord!x

3. mum78

mum78 Well-Known Member

its better to get advice from your midwife

4. ClaireMuir123

Yeah I know that, I was just wondering if anyone else had had the same thing x

5. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

hows pain now hun? Could you of moved to quick?

6. ClaireMuir123

It's gone now, haven't had any all day :) I think I must've pulled my leg too high or something but I'll mention it next time I see my midwife xxx

7. NOMORENUMBERS

NOMORENUMBERS Well-Known Member

i have had that a few times and was convinced my placenta was attached to my scar too! i had a 4d scan done a couple of days back and asked her where it was and she said from what she can see it isnt likely to be attached to my scar lol i have heard other ladies saying theirs was painful when their bumps grew big quickly during rapid periods of growth

8. tannembaum

tannembaum Little Elsie bums mum!

I've been having pain too even though I'm only 11 weeks.
    I've done a lot of research and it seems common to get pain at times of growth as we have a lot of scar tissue.
    :hugs:

9. cyanidepill

cyanidepill Well-Known Member

I get that sometimes. My midwife said it's a) the pressure from the baby sitting low down and b) due to the baby sitting low and increasing in weight it kindly pulls at the scar tissues that make up your section scar. xx

10. Septie

Septie Well-Known Member

I had feelings just like this for quite a few days in a row a few weeks ago. Docs mentioned it could have to do with scar tissue - not uncommon apparently after a previous section, but usually not a big concern. You are not being silly - I was very worried at the time (another possibility they considered was an unusal presentation of appendicitis. Yikes). Ex post, I noticed that my belly popped a lot around that time, btw!

11. Al Syr

Al Syr Well-Known Member

I have a scar . . . exact same as c-section scar, I got it from surgery though. I do get mild sharp pains every now and then but nothing unbearable.