Sharp pain in mid back when breathing in, 16 weeks.

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi has anyone experienced this before? I do not have any other symptoms but whenever I yawn or take a deep breath I feel this sharp feeling (not painful too much) in my mid back to the right. I am worried it could be something serious, has anyone experienced this before?

Nope. If it persists, let your doctor know. Maybe it's a kidney stone or something like that. I hope it betters!

Definitely get it checked out, however if it gives you any peace I started having very sharp pain (to the point of not being able to move) in my lower back AT 7 WEEKS! It could not have been the weight of the baby as he was a gummy bear, but it continued through the entire pregnancy. They did some tests and couldn't find anything, basically saying it's nothing to worry about, it just hurt. I had to take it very easy and was unable to sit on hard surfaces or lay on my back at all even that early on. It felt better immediately after his birth, but even 6 months later I sometimes feel pain there when I lay on a hard surface.

All that to say it could be nothing, so don't fret, but definitely tell your doc so they check you out :)

I had really bad rib pain with my ds but I was in my third tri. He put his feet under my ribs and pushed out. It was agony! Maybe your stretching ribs have caused a muscle spasm in your intercostal muscles (between the ribs)?

I have had a pain like this before, and for me it was when a rib was pulled out of place (such as by prolonged coughing episodes, although pregnancy would also do it.) That's probably the most likely thing, though it's also very important to rule out something like a kidney infection, kidney stones, or pleurisy. If you have any other symptoms like coughing, fever, or burning pain when you pee you should definitely get it checked out by a doctor. If it's only related to a rib then a good chiropractor should be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->