Sharp pains/cramping

Akirkland

Reaction score
Hello! I am newly pregnant, found out about 5 days ago. I have had cramping on and off since I ovulated I think, it's been at least 2 weeks of cramping. I've also dealt with sharp pains on my left side here and there though since finding out that I am pregnant they have dulled. A lot seems to be due to gas (tmi) which I've been eating healthier, drinking lots of water, I cut out soda, coffee and pretty much anything that could be bad for me. I never smoked and I don't drink much to begin with. I'm just wondering if I should contact my doctor to discuss this pain?

I also haven't had any spotting or bleeding, it's just been crampy which varies from dull to slightly painful, nothing that has caused me to bend over in pain. I do go and sit down to relax during the pain sometimes and the sharp shooting pain doesn't last long, also it switches sides now that I am pregnant. At first it was only the left side, now it can be the right side too.

Anyone with experience of this? Should I go into my doctor to make sure everything is alright? Overall with this pregnancy I feel fantastic but this whole cramping/pain has me so scared all the time.

Of course, every woman and every pregnancy is different! But, I couldn't just read about your concerns without sharing how my pregnancy has gone. On and off throughout the whole thing, I've had random bouts of cramping and pain. I remember when I was about 5 weeks, I was cramping a lot and it worried me. But, from what I read on here and from what my doctor advised, cramping is common. Unless the pain is extreme or you start bleeding, I was told not to worry. Your body is stretching and growing and making room for new life, so it's going to hurt from time to time. A few weeks ago I had serious cramps and pain in my left side - caused me to worry so much! - but it was just growing pains.

Also, at my 8 week ultrasound, they discovered cysts in my ovaries. That explained the sharp pain I was having in my sides. They are very common and they disappear on their own. Perhaps that's what you have going on. They'll be able to look at those at your first scan, though, and like I said... nothing to worry about!

Do you have a first appointment scheduled? It'll be here before you know it! Just enjoy these early stages before the rest of the symptoms start! :D Congratulations, dear!

Of course, every woman and every pregnancy is different! But, I couldn't just read about your concerns without sharing how my pregnancy has gone. On and off throughout the whole thing, I've had random bouts of cramping and pain. I remember when I was about 5 weeks, I was cramping a lot and it worried me. But, from what I read on here and from what my doctor advised, cramping is common. Unless the pain is extreme or you start bleeding, I was told not to worry. Your body is stretching and growing and making room for new life, so it's going to hurt from time to time. A few weeks ago I had serious cramps and pain in my left side - caused me to worry so much! - but it was just growing pains.

Also, at my 8 week ultrasound, they discovered cysts in my ovaries. That explained the sharp pain I was having in my sides. They are very common and they disappear on their own. Perhaps that's what you have going on. They'll be able to look at those at your first scan, though, and like I said... nothing to worry about!

Do you have a first appointment scheduled? It'll be here before you know it! Just enjoy these early stages before the rest of the symptoms start! :D Congratulations, dear!

Thank you so much for responding! I am waiting for a call back from my doctor to hopefully ease my mind as well. I actually have had many cysts on my ovaries before that do burst and at times it feels like that's what is happening but due to being pregnant of course I'm going to worry it's the worst thing ever. The pain hasn't once been extreme, it's just sharp at times and then most of the day it's just a dull ache. My first scan is on Feb. 18th and I so cannot wait to see that everything is just fine. I'm thankful I have had zero bleeding, I haven't even seen a spot either.

I really hope it's nothing to be concerned about, so far this pregnancy has been amazing with so little symptoms and the ones I do have I honestly don't mind at all. I just hope this little peanut sticks in me for the long haul.

Thank you again and congrats to you too!

I am going through something similar. Except I just found out I'm pregnant this week and have been having horrible cramps for two weeks. They feel very sharp (knife like cramps) and I get the feeling like I am going to make a bowel movement & sometimes I do. Then I also get a strong feeling of nausea! :(

I called the doctor at 4:00am last night and he advised me that it's a good sign of early pregnancy and totally normal. He told me to make an appointment with my regular ob and I just went to see the nurse practitioner today.

She basically told me the same thing and Im having uterine cramps. I had to take another hcg blood test and I'm waiting for the results. I am nervous about going back to work tomorrow and having more cramps.

I tried drinking more water and walking around. I hope that helps some.

As the other ladies have mentioned, cramping is normal! Your uterus is experiencing some minor stretching and growth to accommodate your future baby. :)

Cramping is the most common early pregnancy symptom. It's just the feeling of your uterus stretching out and the little one getting well attached in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->