Sharp pains in top of bump

hannah22

First time mummy :)
Reaction score
Hello ladies :flower:

Although I have been over in 3rd tri for a while now, I have yet had to ask a question as it has always been answered by somebody else's thread.

However I cannot find any information on pains in the top of the bump. I'd say they are halfway between my belly button and the bottom of where your bra sits in the middle - so quite high up and always in the middle. Usually they start up after half hour or so of walking round e.g at food shopping. However I have had the pain all day today and it is getting worse, I've been holding my bump when walking to try and relieve some of the pressure (but it doesn't work!).

I'd say it started around 2 weeks ago give or take. Can anybody shed some light on this for me or share any experience?? Baby has been quiet over the weekend but seems to have perked up again today.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

could it be gas? I am getting sharp pains in the same area and it expecially happens if I eat a little too much. Mine realy feel like gas pains, just higher up than normal. Our stomach is smushed up there, so I just figured it was that. Hope you feel better!

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure it isn't gas as it is kind of like a burning stabbing pain if that makes sense? Although there is nothing to see or touch on the skin itself. There just doesn't seem to be any answers out there on the net - although that may be a good thing as I would worry!

Hi,

I posted about this earlier today.

I too have had this-I was in hospital with it on Friday as the pain was so intense.
With me they checked my bloods as they thought it could be something to do with my gall bladder. All the tests they did on me came back clear-the scan, urine, baby's heart rate and my BP.

No one could explain what the pain was to me, so I am still confused.

Some people are saying it could be trapped wind, although I never did have pain like it with dd, so I don't know.

If its bad, I would go to your midwife and get checked over like I did.
xx

I don't want to be a scaremonger but please go and get your blood pressure checked. Pains in the top of the bump "can" be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Better to be safe than sorry x

Hi Belle!

Thankyou I must have missed that thread. I'd like to think I'd know what gas felt like although obviously I won't rule it out. I have coped over the last few weeks but today it is so intense and uncomfortable I could just cry :cry:

I had a midwife appointment on Friday where I had blood results back has, urine sample tested etc etc and she didn't pick up anything abnormal. Although I always see a different midwife everytime I go which doesn't particularly make me feel comfortable enough to ask any questions I have. My care so far has been really poor for a first baby, they have messed up on so much of my stuff I just can't put my trust in them!

Sorry I'm waffling! Just feel like I have no-one to ask personally!x

I've just read this:

Pregnant women should be aware of the early signs of pre-eclampsia because the condition can rapidly become life-threatening.

'Symptoms of more serious problems may develop as pre-eclampsia progresses. These include:

•Headaches
•Blurred or altered vision
•Abdominal or shoulder pain
•Nausea and vomiting
•Confusion
•Shortness of breath'

This was on the bbc website. I have had shoulder pain for like 3 weeks as well as shortness of breath :nope: but surely my midwife would have picked up on something at my appointment??x

Hi,

I posted about this earlier today.

I too have had this-I was in hospital with it on Friday as the pain was so intense.
With me they checked my bloods as they thought it could be something to do with my gall bladder. All the tests they did on me came back clear-the scan, urine, baby's heart rate and my BP.

No one could explain what the pain was to me, so I am still confused.

Some people are saying it could be trapped wind, although I never did have pain like it with dd, so I don't know.

If its bad, I would go to your midwife and get checked over like I did.
xx

same happened to me last night, no idea what it is but was prescribed something for bowel movement?? i havent tried it as the chemist is reluctant to issue me with it because the dr that prescribed it only put 10ml which is 1 dose and they say its not worth the paper its written on.

i have noticed i have been more gassy recently so it could just be trapoed wind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->