shaving baby's hair off?

MoonMuffin

Mom of 2!
Reaction score
I was at the hair salon on friday and the hair dresser said if you shave your baby's hair off it'll grow back in really strong and healthy (she has 2 boys). Does anyone know if this is true, or just an old wives tail?

I don't think I want too, I love my LO's cute hair!

Apparently after its first cut its meant to grow thicker and quicker, but i don't think i'd ever have the heart to shave it all of , maybe a trim would work x

I wouldn't do it anyway personally..

My friend is Indian and she told me it is customary to do this in India. And I think a lot of Indians have beautifully thick and shiny hair. xx

:shock: I would never let anyone touch Josh's hair !!! I don't want it to be thicker or longer, babies hair is so cute!!!

My friend is Indian and she told me it is customary to do this in India. And I think a lot of Indians have beautifully thick and shiny hair. xx

Yes it is common practice for many cultures ...

I wouldnt personally do it but if it were a part of my religion/culture then i would.

i could never shave my babies head, think its cruel personally.

I wouldn't do it, thats his baby hair.. that he was born with! I dont want to cut it anytime soon!!!

My dad cut my hair off once when I was little, it was curly before. Never got a curl again! Now its dead straight, naturally!!

My DH wouldn't mind doing it (he thinks it's a good idea actually) but I really can't bring myself to do it! Kathryn's hair is too cute!

My hubby is Indian and he says this is just a Muslim thing rather than a general Asian thing.

No, I wouldn't do it. Lola's hair is pretty thick and long as it is :lol:

Personally I don't see the harm in it? :shrug:
If I was a part of a culture where it is a common practice than I would do it.

i personally wouldn't, though i no regular cuts do the same thing, though i haven't touch her beautiful hair yet, i love it too much x

My cousin is muslim and she shaved her lil boy and girls hair when they were born and there hair is gorgeous so would say your hairdresser could well be right basing it on my cousins lil ones!

My son had half his hair shaved off for head surgery at a week old, and it grew back thicker and much more lush than the rest of it!! It grows so much faster than the rest too!

Yep it is common in many cultures, including Chinese culture :) Not that I let Stan touch Hannah's hair

I wouldn't do it, Jasper's hair is all blonde and wispy... and as his daddy his lebanese and Jasper already has dark olive skin (which is lovely, I'm jealous of my own son's natural tan!) I'm assuming he'll end up with thick, black curls, like his daddy!

Right now I'm enjoying my blondey boy!

In mine and OH`s culture we do shave our babies hair and we did same for jayden. And i should say his hair grew pretty quick and look nicer and shinier! All of my sisters had their hair shaved when they were born and we all have nice hair. So i think it deos make the hair thicker.

elliot's fell out anyway-he slowly went bald starting with a patch at the back...it's growing back now but a different colour by the looks of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->