shaving bikini fail!

KDmomof3

Reaction score
Just tried to shave down south as I hadn't in weeks and it was as overgrown as it gets! Well, I'm dizzy, out of breath, my neck hurts, and its only half done. I gave up, Hubby's turn when the kids go to bed. At least he's excited about it 😛

Lol I was wondering how everyone else is going about this dilemma. I still can't bring myself to ask my hubby to do it, though I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind at all :blush: :haha:

I've got a wax appointment at the local FrillyLilly. Never been to a place for waxing before. I was involved in synchro swim, life guarding and teaching so had to learn to wax myself since I was very young. Shaving has always given me really bad ingrown hairs so that was never an option. My doc said it's optional but I'll feel better if the hedge is trimmed!!
Good luck.

My dh refuses lol
I try but you are right, its exhausting. I find ive gotten lots more ingrown hairs since pregnant .. Probably because i feel like the hair only actually shaves if i do it against not with the growth.. Which would do it.

Yep I trim and found it very difficult this last time. I'm actually really worried that I will literally be too big to trim again and have to give birth with a massive bush lol. We shall see I guess!

I've got a wax appointment at the local FrillyLilly. Never been to a place for waxing before. I was involved in synchro swim, life guarding and teaching so had to learn to wax myself since I was very young. Shaving has always given me really bad ingrown hairs so that was never an option. My doc said it's optional but I'll feel better if the hedge is trimmed!!
Good luck.

All I have to say is good luck with that :haha: I had never had a waxing before my first but I wanted to because I was going to see dh graduate from basic training before having to say goodbye to him again for another 9 months, anyhow it was so painful! I was basically crying and asked the lady doing it if women eventually "get used to it" she said, well actually we don't get very many pregnant women because they're so much more sensitive (probably due to increased blood flow, especially to ermm that area)

That is so funny, glad im not the only one! 35 weeks and 4 days tomorrow. Belly is large and in charge, however I dont want my vajayjay to be competing for the attention haha.

Good luck.

All I have to say is good luck with that :haha: I had never had a waxing before my first but I wanted to because I was going to see dh graduate from basic training before having to say goodbye to him again for another 9 months, anyhow it was so painful! I was basically crying and asked the lady doing it if women eventually "get used to it" she said, well actually we don't get very many pregnant women because they're so much more sensitive (probably due to increased blood flow, especially to ermm that area)

I kind of think you do get used to it, I've been waxing all summer and in a bikini w/o pain. My Cuban gf can't wax as she finds it too painful w/o even being preggers:haha: but she's also been to the doc with multiple ingrown hair infections. I think it's up to the individual and when you've waxed for the past 24 years...it's no biggie.:thumbup:
Sorry it was so painful for you.

If I don't tackle mine I am convinced they wont know when baby's head is coming out :dohh: I had an attempt last week but..... lets just say it was disastrous and leave it at that :blush::blush:

I tried the other day OMG was so hard and I ended up nicking myself multiple times :wacko: :( ouch!

I have booked in with my sister for a wax (she is a beautician) the week before baby is due (I am a little scared as it is SO going to hurt) but luckily my hair doesn't seem to be growing very quickly!

I do not remember it being so hard last time :wacko:

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I try and do mine in the bath and I have been successful but last couple of weeks I just can't see unless I really lean forward but I end up cutting myself loads now so I think I'll have to ask my partner to give it a go, he did say he was happy to do it as saw I was getting sore from the cutting lol

I gave up. My DH refuses (thinks it's weird) and I just can't see so I stopped caring.
I bought myself a new bikini trimmer for when it's all over and I can't wait to tackle it!!

When I gave birth to DD I jumped in the shower in early labour to have a quick sort out down there, couldn't see a thing, now DH reguarly likes to remind me that I looked like my hair had been hacked at by a madman while I gave birth.

This time I'm taking a mirror to the shower as there is no way DH is doing it, he'd probably do a worse job than me, or get funny ideas while I was in early labour. All that said I really don't think a doctor or midwife is actually going to care if you're bushy or a hacked-at mess anyway :haha: (although the latter may give them a little laugh) xxx

I feel your pain lol! I try my best to leave it as long as possible now because I just find it so hard, i seem to cut myself in the same place every time!!! And it really hurts, I have to feel and guess lol I have a little mirror I use to try see but when your in the shower/bath the mirror steams up every couple of seconds so trying to see isn't easy lol my OH has offered to do it but I can't bring myself to let him, I would be so embarrassed, but I can't have any hair down there so blind shaving it is lol

I struggle too, DH has offered but not taken him up on it yet. Can we use veet hair removal whilst pregnant?

O this has made me giggle so thank you im glad im not the only one who was thinking about it well because i keep going in with problems i had to get this sorted. Because bad back i hadnt been keeping up with it at all so my other half used his electric clippers omg was a scary movie moment i can laugh now but i was soooo scared at the time x

My other half hadn't seen me au natural....now he has he's worried that the baby will be ginger! 😳😳😳😳 I guess he didn't believe I was a natural redhead 😜

Lol I bought a home sugar wax kit last month. HUGE fail. I broke out in hives, bled, and it barely removed the hair. DH ended up shaving me the next day bc I was so sore I couldn't guess-shave anymore :haha: Lesson learned. I have been tying to keep myself trimmed, especially since I'm having a CS, but bc I can't see anything I'm sure it looks as if a 5 yr old did it

Haha I tried and it absolutely did not even come close to working haha hubby offered to do it for me so that's my plan for tomorrow night haha

I usually shave everything off, I have not been able to see for weeks (maybe months) so I hc had a few bikini line waxes, but can't brave the whole thing so I had to shave the rest blind when I got home!

I get my oh to point out any bits I miss and then I go back and do them. This time he might just have to do it but I'm scared he will cut me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->