She said my progesterone was only 0.3...

pansorie

Reaction score
I want to put this story out for anyone who may find themselves in the same situation and are searching the interwebs. I went back on Clomid recently, and my doctor immediately put me on the 100 mg that I was at when I conceived my daughter. This was my first round of clomid in over a year.

I was not going out of my way to check my ovulation, but I was following with an app. Day 21 comes along and I went in to check my progesterone levels. The nurse called me and said that my levels were exceptionally low, 0.3, and there was basically not a chance in hell that I was pregnant. But if my some far reaching miracle I ended up pregnant to call her.

Well, two days ago I took TWO of those digital EPT tests, and sure enough it was positive!! :yipee::yipee: Even when I got off the phone with the nurse I was suspicious that I had not ovulated yet. I had read that clomid can sometimes make people ovulate later, and I think that is what happened this time. I went back through my journal, and found the entry for that day where I wrote:

... my progesterone results on Day 21 came back very low, like 0.3. Honestly, I suspect the test was taken too soon. I don't think I was ready to ovulate until after Day 21. I don't know for sure, and I won't be able to take a pregnancy test until at least another week, if not two.

Of course this is all brand new, and anything can happen. I did go in today for my first round of lab work, I should have the results tomorrow of what my progesterone level is.

I hope this experience helps someone out there. We'll see how this goes! My fingers are crossed. :D

What cd were you when you tested? It's entirely possible you ovulated late, congrats!

She tested me on day 21, but I feel I did not ovulate until 22 or 23. I think that is accurate, because I had an u/s yesterday and the gestational age was 7w1d, which puts it at day 22. :D
It was not until I got off the phone with the nurse that I found out clomid can make one ovulate later.

Congratulations! I've never used clomid but this is really interesting to know!

Olivette x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"