She saw her gift!!!!!!

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
DD has never shown any interest in my wardrobes, so it's always been a safe place to hide birthday/Christmas presents. This morning, for the first time ever, she went in one of them :dohh:
She has been asking for a kidi superstar for a while, but I didn't think I could afford it, so was trying to put her off. Then I found it on offer, which with OHs discount I could justify. I was so looking forward to surprising her with it Christmas morning, but now she's seen it :cry:
I reacted badly, I shouted at her for going in my cupboard, and made her cry :cry: :cry: I feel awful but I panicked. I made up a story about how one of my friends asked me to look after it for her, so her little girl didn't see it, and I think she believed me.
But now I'm torn on what to do. It isn't going to be such a surprise now. I've moved it into a better hiding place, but I'm not sure if I should take it back and look for something else. What would you do?

Could she forget? My two saw stuff I got and I said Santa asked me to keep hold of it for him... :dohh: But they believed me and forgot about if after a few days!

Yeah, I would just not mention it again and she will probably forget, especially if she believed that it is for someone else x

I agree with the others, don't mention it again and there's a good chance she'll forget. I've actually bought things with mine when they were smaller and said it was for their cousin and they haven't remembered :haha: Hopefully she will still be surprised, and either was she'll still be over the moon as it's what she wanted.

I did think about the "mummy got it to send to Santa" excuse, but when she asked for it, she was insistent she didn't want it from Santa, she wanted it to be from me. I've hidden it in a bag under a sheet, under my bed now, so hopefully she'll forget all about it by Christmas morning!

Aww!
Rio has seen one of his presents too but not such a big one. Just pig goes pop. The delivery came and I left the box on the bottom of the stairs to hide, but went to pick him up from school before hiding it! Duh.
I told him that I’d ordered it to send off to Santa, as Santa saw it on his list but couldn’t find it anywhere, so he may or may not get it at Christmas depending how good he is and which presents Santa has to cross of his list :haha:
It was the most ridiculous response but the first thing that came into my head in a panic. Now every time he misbehaves he says “I hope Santa will still bring me pig goes pop” :haha:
Mom fail!

I agree, she probably believed that it was for someone else and will forget. Don't feel bad for shouting, I did exactly the same thing recently when ds came in while I was rearranging the present cupboard, he didn't see anything but I shouted at him and he went and cried to his dad :( lol naughty Mummy :nope:

Totally agree with the others . Don't mention it again and she will probably forget ! . It's really hard trying to find safe hiding spaces .

DD1 seen a present for DD2 that I forgot was down the side of the bed it was quite a big one too and she didn't even remember come Christmas Day !

Don't feel bad for getting upset with her either I think it will happen to all of us at some stage! You probably got a shock

We've got boxes on top of cupboards in our bedroom. This morning DD noticed a blue box with writing on it, she couldn't see what it was but questioned it. It is for her, it's a marble run, we both said we couldn't see what she was looking at, and that it was nothing... not that she believed us. We're gonna need a new hiding place next year! :haha:

I would just not mention it again, she might forget about it.

Oh dear! I wouldn't mention it again and hopefully she will forget about it :)

She snuck into bed with me for a cuddle this morning "mummy, what's in your cupboard with the mirror on?" So I said "mummys makeup and things" she looked at me and said "except for the kidi superstar!!" :dohh: I told her I've given it back to my friend, and she then wanted to know which friend. Fingers crossed that's the last I'll hear of it now!!!

My son found one of his brothers presents. He accepted the excuse it was for his cousin lol. If it had been eldest son however it wud of definately blew the santa idea

The same happened here the other day. I sent ds into time out, but had to be in my room because his is being decorated.
He came downstairs and said "omg you bought me the mr potato head I wanted!!"
I said "no I didn't, I'm looking after it for (friend)"
His face was pure disappointment
I felt really bad, but he'll get over it

Good come back Luci lol least you have hidden it so if she does look again it's gone and will back up your story lol.

I left DS's fire station in the cupboard where the vacuum and cleaning stuff is as his dad was coming round to fit a firemans pole in it last night, told him to grab me some lemon wipes not realising it was still there and he saw it

I managed to get over there quickly and I had visitors who distracted him enough for me to move it without him seeing it again, but he won't stop talking about it... I told him father Christmas took it to fix it, he didn't buy this so called my step dad who pretended to be father Christmas and told him it was in the north pole being fixed... Gutted it won't be a surprise now though

I thought my daughter was scared of the store room we keep the presents in but she randomly opened the door the other week! I immediately panicked and told her to not go in there as it's dangerous as we keep tools in there (partly true). I can't really trust her to not absent mindedly do it again, so we've fitted a lock now. I don't think she saw anything, just some bags!

She will hopefully forget about it especially if she believed you were keeping it for a friend :)

I came out of the shower the other day and DD2 was sat on the floor playing with one of her Christmas presents :dohh:. I'd hidden it under the bed but obviously not very well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->