She will not stay in bed

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
ALWAYS been a good sleeper - now? Forget it!

Bed at 9/10pm up about 12/1am then put her back down (takes about an hour) and shes awake between 5/7am :dohh: Then in the day shes having an one hour nap!!

How is she still running?

Can't figure if its the cot, uncomfy, hungry - shes defo not cold!

Drooling LOADS so I guess theres teeth - definately has 2 new ones recently!

Tried a nightlight ...

Tried a duvet that she woke up to on second and third night tangled in it!

Any other ideas girls?

pass im havin the same trouble with identical times x

:hug:

Does she av a special teddy thay she could take to bed with her hun x
But other than that im not sure :hugs:

Livvy was the same & we realised she didnt like her cot. So changed into the cotbed.. didnt like that either (not enough room for her to stretch out, much prefers a double bed)
So bought her a single divan bed & loves it. Just getting back into a routine after 5mths of waking 50 times a night.

Oh we used to give her a bottle of milk if she woke as she doesnt eat much in the day & was going thru 16oz a night! Now swapped that to juice which sometimes she wakes for a sip. Make her hold it herself too then she doesnt drink as much! Lol.

Aww :hugs:

I vaguely remember my first one doing this, I did find that she would sleep perfect in my bed but not her cotbed, so i tried to make it comfier.
I laid a duvet on the mattress you know as if it was a sheet so it made the cotbed squishier! (if thats a word!)
She had her shawly (her confort shawl!) and her fav teddy and it seemed to help,
Hope she sleeps through again soon!

I was going to suggest moving her to a bed as well.

jayden does the exact same routine .. im suprised he can keep his eyes open! x

Maybe cutting the nap down to 20-30mins max which might sound mean but worked for us and not any later than 3pm else she wont go to bed. Also set her bedtime for 7.30pm too so she didnt get too over tired.

aww hope seh settles soon... she is probably exciting from having a new baby, it might be harder for her to relax and shut down.

thanks Wobbles. I always check to see what Oscar will do next by looking at what is happening with you :dohh: uhoh!!!
Hope she settles soon ;)

i would suggest maybe its time to try her in her bed too

Aw hun i feel for you lol I had exactly same with Caeden at similar times.

I tried everything, i made his cot comfier, tried giving him another bottle just before i went to bed incase it was hunger, he would sleep fine in my bed so i thought it was time to move him to a bed.. he kept falling out of it or climbing out and crying at the door.. it was a nightmare. I just didnt know what to do with him.

Eventually i had to go for last resort of controlled crying. I didnt want to do this and it was so hard, i kept giving in and just bringing him into my bed :roll: Until i just couldnt coe with the exhaustion anymore and i stuck to the CC. It worked within 4-5 days and he now sleeps right through 7pm - 7am.

I hope you manage to sort something out soon, maybe she is ready for her own bed now :hug:

xxx

I was going to suggest trying a bed to, Dec started to wake during the night and wouldnt sleep when I put him in his cot but since he has been in his own little bed, touch wood, he has been back to sleeping the night through. Good luck hun xx

i know some toddlers can start doing this as they see new baby getting up and want in on the attention.

think your right wobbs it will be her teeth annoying her

i used to have this trouble, then i changed our nighttime routine. every night at 745 my son and i cleanup his toys and he picks out the books he wants me to read. he brings them to bed and i sit beside it to read him the stories. when they are done i tell him we're done and its night night time, so go say good night to daddy. he runs out of bed with me following him, gives kisses to daddy and back into his room. i have him shut his own bedroom door and i pick him up to turn of his own light. i put him in bed, have him "pray", kiss him good night and walk out, shutting the door behind me. ever since ive made going to bed short and sweet (not a lot of time with me in the room after lights are off) he has stayed in his room without getting out of bed around 12...and 4 am. hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->