She's here :) Positive birth story :)

LoPanda

Mama to 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Hi all, thought would update that my little girl arrived 7.36am Saturday.

Very positive birth story - the kind of thing I would have loved to read a week ago!!

I went to bed 11pm /fri night feeling totally normal but woke up at 2am with backache. I couldn't lie down and had the runs so decided to have a bath. In the bath we counted my pains and they were getting worse (stared to get pressure in my bum and feeling my pelvis was pulling) and about 3 mins apart so we phoned Triage who told me to take paracetamol and go back to bed.

These got stronger over the next hour so I phoned back and asked to go into hosp to be checked - I could hardly sit down the car ride there the pressure was so strong.

When I got there was examined and was 3cm dilated so got into birthing pool about 4.30am. Was lovely in there and contractions were bearable until nurse came in at 6am to check on me. At this point I started on gas and it really helped to zone me out but contractions were very strong at their peak and it made me a bit sick. I was getting worried at this point as it was painful and my waters hadn't even gone so I was thinking It could still be hours away.

At about 6.30am I had to get out of the pool as babys heartbeat was fast. I got onto the bed and was told I was 7/8cm, with a couple of contractions my waters broke all over the midwife and a few more and I couldn't help the urge to push. About 4 contractions later and she was born at 7.36am! The pushing stage was quite surreal - the gas and air made me feel quite out of it but it wasn't at all as painful as I had imagined. The contractions up until being about 8cm were just like very very strong period pains I have always suffered with. My little girl was so worth it!!

I had a second degree tear which needed a few stitches, but even my first wee after didn't really sting (I was terrified of this my whole pregnancy!). I was home by 4pm that day and very happy with my little girl, she seems a real natural at bf'ing and apart from being a little tender I am feeling better every day.

Hope this puts some of your minds at rest! :cloud9: Birth was an amazing experience for me and hope u all have the same xx

lovely birth story! congrats on ur little girl. what did you call her? xx

Congratulations!

I hope my birth goes very similarly! :thumbup: Thank you for sharing ^^

Congratulations and lovely to hear a positive birth story xxx

Peeking in from the 2nd trimester - but this made me smile :) Congrats and enjoy every minute!!!

What a lovely story! What did you call her?
Liking the fact that you felt normal the night before - it'll give me and a lot of other ladies a bit of hope. Thanks for taking the time to share! x

Oh thank you for posting this, i love reading these kind of stories, i am starting to get really nervous now x

Awww congratulations, I'm glad it all went smoothly for you. That really does sound about as perfect as a birth can get, lol. xxx

Fabulous birth story. Thank you so much for sharing! It's nice to hear from someone who has previously had extremely painful periods. I have always wondered how labor compared to those pains. You said the pains upto 8 cm. What about during transition from 8 to 10cm? What did that feel like?

Thank you for sharing such a pleasant story :) I do hope my birth goes similar to yours!
Congrats on your little girl!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"