Shingles in early pregnancy

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have shingles. Had it once before a few years ago and the sensation is very distinct and hard to mistake.

Im only five weeks pregnant and a bit concerned. I haven't even had my pregnancy confirmed and of course even if I had, there's really nothing that can be done.

Anyone else gone through shingles while pregnant?

They can give you a jab that helps protect baby. But has to be given within 72hrs. Good luck x

Think it's called globulin (ZVIG). Not sure if they give it this early tho good luck Hun x

Yeah I'm concerned because I noticed the sensation yesterday and of course today is Sunday so won't be able to get in until tomorrow. I was hoping someone else might have gone through it and known what to expect!!!

If just all nhs24 the out of hours can prob give u advice or the hospital the injection x

I agree with pp. From what I've read it's best to get checked out ASAP. Could the hospital not give you the injection if needed over the weekend. Maybe give your midwife a call and see what she thinks is best. Hope you feel better soon!

I haven't been seen by an ob yet. Pregnancy is still very new and I haven't had it even confirmed yet... But I will call tomorrow to get in. Thank you ladies!

Hi, I had shingles that affected the nerve that ran throught my right eyebrow last October. I wasn't pregnant then, but I waited a couple days before seeing my Dr. and because I waited the meds did not work for me and I ended up going through the pain for 6 weeks. If I was you I would make a trip to the ER and get it treated quickly.

I had shingles, although I was I'm my second trimester. If you go in and get antivirals within 3 days they go away within a very short time. I got them the next day and they were gone in a week. They have category b antivirals so virtually so no risk. This was my third case of shingles. First time they lasted 3 months bc I was a teenager and we didn't know what it was and thought no way I could have shingles that young. By the time we realized what it was it was too late for the antivirals. Second and third (this pregnancy) times I got the antivirals the next day and the shingles were gone in a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->