shitting a brick about first scan tomorrow! ! will be 6+2.

angelbump

Reaction score
What if theres no heartbeat or what if somethings not right. Thats all thats in my head...honestly dont know how id cope. Iv wanted this for so long im just asking you all please keep fingers toes and everything crossed for me.
Please be a sticky bean :) x

I was so scared my blood pressure was elevated! lol And I was white as a ghost. haha

But everything was fine and we got to see/hear the heartbeat and everything measured great. I'm sure you'll be fine. :hugs:

I'm such a worrier that I bought a doppler (sonoline b), so now I can check LO's heartbeat anytime I want!

I'm sure all will be fine with your little bean. I had a scan at 6 weeks exactly and I was so scared there would be nothing there or no hb too! Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Scans are so scary aren't they? I will think positive for you and ask the scan fairy throw some dust your way lol.

Aww thanks guys! I love that I have you ladies to turn to I think im doing everyones head in my end! I will update you all and so hoping everythings okay :) xx

My fingers are crossed for you!! Good luck :)

Have you had your scan yet hun? Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Id cross my butt cheeks for you if I could. Hope you got to see your LO doing great. Let us know...my scan is tonight, I know exactly how you feel, im counting the hours and trying (without too much luck) to focus on work...

Hello ladies had my scan today and......

WE SAW THE HEARTBEAT!!

It was amazing, beating is strong and very regular.

Only thing is the sonographer said there is a small area of blood arounf the sac which is why i keep spontaneously spotting although he did say unless it gets heavy, clotted with alot of pain to not worry :)

Which is what iv known all along lol...silly me!
Has anyone else had this? Iv been told it could be old blood from implantation stubbornly hanging around or a haematoma?
Either of which is common im told.

Wishing all of you waiting on your scans the absolute best of luck, its such an amazing experience - even though you dont really see anything..Im definatly going to be a cryer at the 12 month :) xx

Fantastic! So very happy for you! Now you can really enjoy your holiday season right!:xmas8:

Congrats on a great scan!

I highly doubt at 6w+ its implantation bleeding. Its most likely a subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH). They are scary, cause lots of anxiety, can cause lots of bleeding/spotting (even bright red with clots)...but usually resolve by them self by 20 weeks and don't pose a problem.

I have/had one, and at my last scan on Dec. 9th the doctor said should couldn't find it so its either healing or has healed. But I've since been spotting and had a bleed last night and this morning. So obviously its still sticking around. :(

Yay great news on the scan! I have mine tomorrow I should be 6+1... Was your scan done via tummy? Not sure what to expect as only had 20 week scan with daughter x

Mmmm congrats !!!

Who ever said it shouldn't be implantation it can defo be from implantation !

An ivf consultant told me an area at 6&7 weeks was from implantation !

When it's sch bleed it's very black and you defo know what it is

Implantation - can be black but more mixed echoes from within bleed area

Good luck and congrats x

Oh that good to know. What he meant was the blood from implantation could be there but not actually happening now. Or could be the haematoma thing? Who knows?
Yes it was done on my belly which was a bit surprising for me as iv seen alot of woman on here not being able to get a heartbeat on bellys so early...having to have transvaginal which the sonographer said he may have to do but babys heart is a strong one :) xx

Mmmm congrats !!!

Who ever said it shouldn't be implantation it can defo be from implantation !

An ivf consultant told me an area at 6&7 weeks was from implantation !

When it's sch bleed it's very black and you defo know what it is

Implantation - can be black but more mixed echoes from within bleed area

Good luck and congrats x

When I first went in for some minor spotting at 5 weeks, the on call doctor (not an ob/gyn) told me it could be implantation. But a few days later I had a moderate bleed and went back to the hospital. It was then that my ob/gyn noticed that it was a SCH, and the spotting/bleeding was not implantation.

My SCH bleeding/spotting ranges from brown, pink, red liquidy, and bright red. Sometimes there are clots, sometimes just coagulated old blood and sometimes just barely enough to see on toilet paper when I wipe. SCH is not only dark/black blood.

OP - not meaning to start a discussion, I just don't want you to think this could only be implantation (which it could be I suppose). I just want you to be prepared that if you end up spotting in a few weeks, there are other reasons - like a SCH. The doctors told me not to panic unless I was filling 2-3 pads an hour and passing clots the size of my hand. Nothing I've had comes close to that, but spotting in pregnancy is so scary. :hugs:

Yay so happy for you and glad all is well with bubs!!
Mine was transabdominal scan at 6 weeks too all my scans have been. :) Congratulations!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->