Shock arrival Of Twins Freya & Layla Sorry It's Long!!!!!

malpal

Mummy to 3 girlies!!!
Reaction score
Well I really don't know where to start......

So after being giving walking sticks to get me through the last week of my twin pregnancy I was pretty miserable, I was due to be induced on Tuesday 11th May at 39+1.
I had a midwife appointment booked for 5th May at 2.00pm which I struggled to with the help of my sticks! It was a long appointment as I had lots to fill my midwife in on after my admittance to hospital at the weekend due to high BP.
Midwife started to do all the usual checks and discovered that my BP was again very high at 120/92. She was extremely concerned that I was in so much pain and obviously that my BP was so high. She was very disappointed that no-one had done a vaginal exam whilst in hospital to see if anything was happening. She decided that she wanted me to go back to hospital and be assessed on the unit, and called ahead to tell them that I was on my way. She also requested that I have an internal so sent me with a letter stating this.
Got to the unit at around 3.30pm and was put onto the monitors straight away, twins were moving fine and they found that I was having regular contractions. Bp was still high so they called for the consultant. A very useless SHO came to see me and decided that my BP was high due to the pain I was in with walking! She then told me that they would send me home with strong painkillers and basically I would have to sit tight and wait for the induction. I asked about the internal as my mw had requested and she said that she could get a Midwife to do one but she really didn't see the point. I requested to have one all the same. She left and they took me off the monitors and the mw started the internal. Her face was a picture when she discovered that I was 4cms dilated, she said that she could feel the head and the waters were bulging and extremely tight on the baby’s head. She immediately shouted for the SHO to come back and she then told her that she couldn't send me home as my waters would be breaking at anytime!!! I felt a huge relief at not being sent home, after being fobbed off for so long.
As I was having twins I was admitted straight to the labour ward at around 5.30pm. My DH arrived and a senior midwife came to go through a birth plan with me. She spend a long time explaining that it would be best if I had an epidural as I could be whisked to theatre at anytime. I really didn’t want this and asked if I could put it off for a while before I made my decision. The next few hours I had different people come in and out bringing different pieces of equipment, the room was full! Everyone kept saying that they were bringing things in just in case as they like to be prepared with twins. I was allowed to stay active until around 9.00pm and then I was told I would have to put onto a bed and stay with the monitors on as the contractions were getting stronger and the risk of twin 1’s heart rate dropping would increase. So I was hooked up to the fetal monitors and that’s where I stayed. 12.00am twin 1’s heart rate dropped and they thought that it might be to do with the fact that twin 2 had moved positions and could be pressing on cord. They bought the ultrasound machine in and the position was checked, twin 2 was still transverse. I was put onto my side and twin 1’s heartrate picked up. I started on the gas and air at around 1.00am by this time my waters still hadn’t gone but labour was progressing really well. At around 3.45am I was having intense pressure pains so DH called in the mw, I asked her to check as I felt sure that the baby was coming. I remember saying to my DH that as soon as my waters had broke the baby would be here. The midwife came in and did an internal and told me that I was 8 cms but the head was really low. She asked me if I wanted some pethadine and I agreed, she left the room to go and get it, a few minutes later I screamed at my dh that I really needed to push, I truly couldn’t hold back the urge but part of me was worried as I knew I was only 8cms, so I probably wasn’t ready. I did one push and then there was a huge gush, my waters had broke, I yelled that my waters had gone and that I couldn’t stop pushing, I felt something and yelled that I thought the head was out, dh had stood up to press the alarm button and then screamed that it wasn’t the head it was the baby!! Twin 1 had been delivered just after my waters had broke with just DH and I in the room, the commotion that followed was something out of a film, about 10 people ran into the room , everyone was shocked to see a baby lying at the foot of the bed! Twin 1 was whisked off quickly and the end of the bed was taken away and my legs put into the stirrups. As twin 2 was transverse and the shock delivery I was told that she would need to be turned by hand! Twin 2’s waters were then broken and I was told not to stop sucking on the gas, the feeling was unbelievable, I don’t remember it being painful, I think I was in shock and adrenaline got me through, but it was surreal to be able to feel somebody grabbing something inside you! 11 minutes later and 2 pushes twin 2 was born.
Needless to say I did need stitches, not surprising after what had happened. The poor midwife who had checked me was very shocked and quite upset as she had literally just left the room with me at 8cms. I don’t think anyone could have seen it coming, the midwifes and consultant were wonderful and acted very quickly under the surprise and shock.
So with just gas and air my two beautiful daughters were born.
Twin 1 Freya Jean was born at 3.58am and weighed 5ib14oz and Twin 2 Layla Max was born at 4.09am and weighed 6ib2oz.
Both are just perfect and we feel truly blessed to now have 3 gorgeous daughters.
xxxxx

IMG00568-20100506-1846.jpg

All ready for home!
IMG00574-20100507-1244.jpg

IMG00575-20100507-1244.jpg

oh wow - just read though that and WELL DONE YOU!!!!
congrats hon - theyre stunning!

wow amazing! they are so sweet congratulations and well done! xxx

Wow, congrats hun,they are gorgeous!!!xxx

Huge congrats Malpal - your girls are absolutely gorgeous!!

Must be such a huge relief to finally have them here and be out of pain.

x

Absolutely incredible story! Glad to hear the twins are here! :)

Blimey - thats the way to do it!! Congratulations!!

Wow certainly was a quick deliverery! lol

Congratulations x

OMG at you delivering one baby by yourself!! Would loved to have seen the midwives face when she came back in! Well done and congratulations your girls are lovely!

Absolutely amazing!!! Well done, and congratulations!!! :D xx

Cute cute cute must be lovely to have twin baby girls congratulations!

aboslutely amazing :D :D

did your OH panic with you lying there with a sudden baby appearance? i think mine would have passed out :D

abz xx

well done hun you have a great story to tell your girls when they are older , that's amaizing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aboslutely amazing :D :D

did your OH panic with you lying there with a sudden baby appearance? i think mine would have passed out :D

abz xx

Abz, there was no time to panic, especially as he knew he needed to hold it together for the next one being born! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->