Shoes, how to convince her?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Well my little girl is finally standing up and i don't think it will be too long before she's trying to walk so we need to think about shoes i guess. The only problem is she screams blue murder everytime i put a shoe even near her foot. We recently tried some in Clarks and she had a major tantrum which is unlike her normally. So how on earth am i going to get her to wear shoes? Has anyone else had this problem? Any hints/tips/suggestions much appreciated :thumbup:

I wouldn't bother until she's walking tbh. It can slow their walking down.

i used to put zane in baby shoes from time to time but until he was taking more then 12 unaided steps we didnt buy him shoes.

he hates anything on his feet but soon as he had on his first shoes n was aloud to walk around a shop floor he loved it, he still trys to take them off but if she wears her shoes in the house to get used to them she will be fine.
u can also try treating her if she keeps them on like saying yay and clapping or even sweeties lol

I would wait until she is actually walking. It may be some time....I also wouldnt bring the shoes out until then because she already does not like wearing them. If she doesnt see it for some time she might forget her dislike for shoes and then start liking it again. When they are just standing and cruising I would just put on some non-slip socks.

Until she's walking pretty confidently you really want to stick with socks (grippy ones!) or very soft leather shoes, like these ones. They are super comfy, and allow baby to get used to having something on their feet, while still being soft enough for her to feel the ground and get the hang of balancing. They are also quite stretchy, so allow for growth. Could be a good stepping stone before moving on to shoes? Especially if you get her some super-cute ones that she loves.

I wouldn't get solid 'shoe' shoes until she is walking confidently, and then only for outside. :)

for Hannah it was a matter of her figuring out that having shoes on meant that she was allowed to walk around outside. She hated them the first week but soon realized that having them on meant a freedom of sorts :lol:

never had this with mads hon, she had cruiser's and was fine with them from the off, but i think if i did, i would have left her with them to play with, let her get used to them and then that way, she will eventually like them :)
maddi actually loves shoes and just want's to play with them all :dohh:

Ohh yea no i wasn't going to try them on her really till she is walking out and about, there's no point. I was just trying to plan ahead incase there's anything I can do now to help ease the process when the time comes. We do the grippy songs thing too, she's got some proper fluffy bed ones they're just adorable :cloud9:

try Robeez

I have no idea what that is :laugh2: :flower:

never had this with mads hon, she had cruiser's and was fine with them from the off, but i think if i did, i would have left her with them to play with, let her get used to them and then that way, she will eventually like them :)
maddi actually loves shoes and just want's to play with them all :dohh:

thanks hun this was one on my 'to try' list :thumbup:

aaaww sorry I dont know hunny, Daisy has been obsessed with shoes since she could sit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->