Short AF- 2 days

Aphy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am hoping someone has some insights into a terrible short AF. For the past 2 cycles mine has only lasted for 2 days. The first day I get the back ache and stomach cramps that one usually gets and my flow is medium at most but by the second day it's become light and gone by the evening. I have been diagnosed with pcos so could it be related to that? I had asked my obgyn about it previously but all he said was that each persons body takes as long as it needs to shed the lining. But I have read that it isn't normal so I am concerned. Worried it may be indicative of other problems that I'm not aware of and might be causing our difficulty in ttc. I was on the BCP for many many years and would get the regular 5 day cycle then though it was very light most months. I then had the Mirena in for 2.5years which I had removed in Oct 2015. Does anyone else have super short AF and have gotten their BFP or else have been told what the problem was?

I have had the same problem for a few months now. 2-3 day periods that are very light. My doctor did not seem concerned but I am pretty worried its a thinned lining. Even on my cycles I haven't taken Clomid they have been light so I really have no idea.

I know it isn't much help but you are definitely not a lone. :hugs:

Thanks Krissie, helps to know that I am not the only one having this and hopefully its nothing to worry about. I will ask my obgyn on Thursday when I see him and let you know if he says anything different!

I've been having a similar experience for the past few months. AF lasts for 3 days, is very light and very watery/EWCMy if that makes sense? Or if it lasts longer than 3 days, it's basically spotting from day 1 to 5.
TBH I've not given it much thought and have just been super grateful to be skipping my previous super heavy flow. I'd be interested to hear what your DR has to say though.

My last AF was two days, and very light but not sure if it's due to having a m/c in July and bleeding for over 4 weeks. Prior to that I was on the mirena for 5 years with no AF the whole time. I only had 1 cycle prior to falling pregnant when I had the mirena taken out and that wasn't long either. I hadn't thought about a thinner lining but at my age that's possible!

So I got no answers ladies cause obgyn had to cancel my appointment due to emergency surgery. He confirmed that I did O so at least I can rule out that it's a symptom of that not happening!

How frustrating Aphy. Fx you get your bfp this cycle.

I'm the same ladies, 2 days and half a day spotting at a push, been like this months now. Going to see Gyno September 12th so will defo be asking, as GP just shrugged her shoulders lol xx

Hey,

I just got my BFP at 25 dpo today and I did have a 2 day period.
It started at 12dpo (3 days before my expected period) with some spotting, then in the morning it got a bit heavier, never heavy enough to fill up a pad but def not spotting and it was red. Then spot again that night and the next morning the same bleeding. That night it turned into brown spotting and that continued for about 4 more days, going from light brown spotting (just noticeable when i wiped) to pinkish spotting.

Had all kinds of symptoms during that and up until today when i tested positive on a FRER at 25 DPO. All negative before that.

Hope that helps!

Hey,

I just got my BFP at 25 dpo today and I did have a 2 day period.
It started at 12dpo (3 days before my expected period) with some spotting, then in the morning it got a bit heavier, never heavy enough to fill up a pad but def not spotting and it was red. Then spot again that night and the next morning the same bleeding. That night it turned into brown spotting and that continued for about 4 more days, going from light brown spotting (just noticeable when i wiped) to pinkish spotting.

Had all kinds of symptoms during that and up until today when i tested positive on a FRER at 25 DPO. All negative before that.

Hope that helps!

Congrats on your bfp!! How exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"