Short Boys Name (sibling for Bree)

SilverWillow

1 girl, cooking #2
Reaction score
Hi we already have a little girl called Bree Eliza and we have just found out we are having a boy :happydance: so we are trying to think of a boys name that goes with it.
We like unusual (but not weird) short names that can't be abbreviated. Hubby likes 'Joel' which I quite like but do you think this would get shortened to Jo?
Today I thought of 'Drew', what do you all think of that name?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you :flower:

I like both Joel and Drew
Other ideas

Quinn
Owen
Liam
Finn
Beau
Cole
Seth

Sorry I like shorter names too

Nate
Isaac
Paul
Jake
Ian
Scott
Ben
Aiden
Reed
Cole

I like Drew... I don't hear it a lot.

Jay
Lee
Jon
Tye
Ron
Col
Don
Sam
Ian
Cam
Art

Cole
Dane
Rory
Neal
Jack
Cain
Jett
Paul
Mark
Gary
Dave
Tony

Niall
Wayne
Dagan
Lewis
Daryl
Blair

Thanks, I do like Quinn, never heard of that before. Also Cole, and Ron which was my Dad's name, but I wonder if that will just make people think of Ron from Harry Potter (especially if he is Ginger which is highly possible!) :haha:

Thanks, I do like Quinn, never heard of that before. Also Cole, and Ron which was my Dad's name, but I wonder if that will just make people think of Ron from Harry Potter (especially if he is Ginger which is highly possible!) :haha:

A Harry Potter fan would think of that. But if we tried to avoid names in popular media forms the decision would be even harder to make!!!

I think if when you think of the name Ron you think of your dad than that trumps any fictional character.

A Harry Potter fan would think of that. But if we tried to avoid names in popular media forms the decision would be even harder to make!!!

I think if when you think of the name Rob you think of your dad than that trumps any fictional character.

Very true!! Actually we picked Bree because it is Irish and my Dad was Irish but people still think it is after the lady off Desperate Housewives :rofl:

I think if when you think of the name Rob you think of your dad than that trumps any fictional character.

Very true!! Actually we picked Bree because it is Irish and my Dad was Irish but people still think it is after the lady off Desperate Housewives :rofl:

hahaha some people love tv too much.

Ron Cole or Ron Quinn flow well and the dad thing makes it personal which is cute

Quinn Cole or Cole Quinn has a much more modern and cool kid feel to it, like your child will be the most popular in class

Cole Ron unfortunately sounds like colon

Quinn Ron isn't terrible but doesn't flow as well imho

I wouldn't massively worry about harry potter if its a family name, anyone close will know its meaning and anyone else doesn't matter

personally I think Ron Cole Harley (assuming that is your surname from your signature) flows best and will age really well

good luck

I'm partial to Quinn (which is Scottish or Irish depending on where you look it up) my Quinn's middle name is long Alexander, but I quite like Quinn Cole :) and might have used that had I thought of it.
Ron didn't make me think of HP but if he's a redhead I'd probably go there.

I really like Drew and Quinn, they are both very nice :thumbup:

Other suggestions:

Blake
Flynn
Finn
Drake
Jace
Jett
Jack

I love Drew!

I know a Joel and he doesn't get it shortened.

Thanks for all your great suggestions everyone, has given us some food for thought :) Clover that is funny because we had Alexander as a possible middle name in mind! (my daughter's godfather's name) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->