Short Cervix?

GWB34

Reaction score
Short Cervix?

My cervix measured 2.7 CM at 26 weeks and my doc said everything was fine and I had no funneling. I'm having twins and baby A has his head right on my cervix, I wasn't taken off work yet and I'm a RN working B2B 12 hour shifts and that has me a little worried. Do you all think that's normal for me to be working under these circumstances? I just get so paranoid over every little thing, every night I work I seem to get more BH contractions and my back is killing me. We tried to get pregnant for so long before doing IVF and just don't want to do anything to cause any harm or pre term labor. Thanks to anyone who can be of any help.

Short Cervix?

My cervix measured 2.7 CM at 26 weeks and my doc said everything was fine and I had no funneling. I'm having twins and baby A has his head right on my cervix, I wasn't taken off work yet and I'm a RN working B2B 12 hour shifts and that has me a little worried. Do you all think that's normal for me to be working under these circumstances? I just get so paranoid over every little thing, every night I work I seem to get more BH contractions and my back is killing me. We tried to get pregnant for so long before doing IVF and just don't want to do anything to cause any harm or pre term labor. Thanks to anyone who can be of any help.

At 26 weeks with twins that isn't a terrible measurement. I've been told multiple times that bedrest isn't proven to do much. If you don't feel comfortable with working, then you need to do what makes you feel like you are doing what is best. Call your doctor and ask for more of and explanation and let him know that you are feeling nervous about work, I'm sure he'll be able to offer some advise/comfort. I'm assuming they will be monitoring the cervix and be able to spot any changes early on and adapt the plan accordingly. Good luck to you.

Mine was shorter carrying twins too. I think it's the e tra pressure. They look for funneling because it means you are dialating too.
I think they told me not to worry unless it was under 2.

However, I might discuss coming off work if it's causing you to contract. I delivered at 33weeks after weeks of constant BH

I started bedrest a few weeks ago after an emergency cerclage at 22 weeks. Cervix was measuring 2.2, but we have been closely monitoring because my first was born at 29 weeks due to what they think was untreated incompetent cervix. I resented it at first after reading the studies that say it hasn't been proven to be successful, but after getting the surgery my body feels like I need to rest. Whenever I do too much standing, I can feel my uterus tightening and so I know to rest. I am a firm believer in listening to your body!! I will do anything to avoid having a preemie again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->