Short cycles?

jjbuttons

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hello so have had three periods since off the pill and first was 38days 2nd 22days then 24days so irregular and last two short- is that normal? I think ovulated between 13-17th dtd on the 13th but not sure when due because of cycles.... If take long one means due on 10th but if take shorter ones means missed period :s take test tomorrow?... Help new to all this ttc

Many thanks xx

Id say perfectly fine normal and we all adjust a little differently but not figures you should take as your regular cycles. They will eventually even out to be more regular.
I would be temping to learn about your cycles a little more closely from now because if you're ov between cd 13 and 17 it could mean your LP is a short 10 days or potentially even less. Since your newly off bc I'd imagine you're cycles are fine tuning themselves still. If you temp you can almost certainly pin point ov and track your LP to make sure it is as it needs to be. Then you can build up a bd pattern so you make sure you get some bd in before ov

Many thanks hun :) silly q but what is LP and bd? Is having a short LP bad? Xx

Hehe sorry, lp is luteal phase - days between ovulation and period. The average is 12 to 14 lp days. And bd is baby dancing = sex :)

Ovulating on CD 17 of a 38 day cycle would be ok but if you're ovulating on CD 17 of a 22-24 day cycle that could make your pregnancy test show up positive later than the average 28 day cycle. I ovulated on CD 22/23 of a 27/28 day cycle before and didn't get a positive until well after my period was due because I ovulated so late. Good luck!

Through exhausted internet searching and some of the lovely ladies on here, I found that having a short LP can be bad because the fertilized egg might not have enough time to implant. My last LP was only 8 days and I haven't had one longer than 10 yet so I imagine this is making any potentially fetalized eggs unable to implant since the average for implantation is around 10-12 days after ovulation.

This cycle I'm taking soy isoflavones to help lengthen it. Fx it works!

Took a test and was negative :( maybe as it's the afternoon or still early if going by longest cycle?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->