Short LP - help please

dancareoi

2 DS 2 DD 3 Angels
Reaction score
Hi, I am 40 trying to conceive number 4, after a MMC in Jan at 17 weeks (13 weeks gestation)

i have just found today from FF chart, that my LP appears to be 9 days, I think it may have been like this for a while, but I did get PG last year.

I have been doing a lot of googling tonight and have found some interesting info.

I am taking pregnacare pre-conception vitamins and have been for nearly 6 months - I was beginning to wonder if these could be causing problems, never took them before, only Folic Acid and never had any probems.

Was reading another post and people were not happy with these and were going to stop taking them.

I have also read that vitamin B6 is good for increasing LP length.

I also think my progesteron levels are maybe too low, hence short LP. i have looked at the symptoms and do have a couple of these.

TMI alert!! - Since my MC I have noticed that my periods have become heavier and have clots, almost like bits of tissue in them, which I didn`t think was quite right, this can be caused by a low progesteron level. Another sympton is loss of libido and i am sorry to say, i think this is true as well.

I am hoping to see my Doctor in the next couple of days, but that is easier said than done.

however, I am seriously considering going back to Folic Acid only and taking a vitamin B6 supplement of 100mg per day.

Does anyone have any advice please?

My lp is short too. After several consultations i was told that if your egg is not of good quality it will not produce enough progesterone. I have progesterone supplements now that i am to tale if i get a bfp. Since neither of my ectopics were confirmed meaning they never saw or goind anything in my tubes.. i attribute the losses to low quality eggs and low progesterone. I was not on progesterone supplements at these times and my progesterone was tested a few time and was low. My day 21 test was also very low. 6.4.. i take coq10 now as i have read some great reviews for eggs especially for tgose of us at advanced maternal age. :) baby dust!!

Sorry for the typos .. im on my phone

Sorry for the typos .. im on my phone

Hi, i have been to see my doctor and am taking vitamin B6 now which i am hoping will help.

I am also going to start acupuncture in a few weeks time and hope that will help matters too!

My doc is going to take some bloods to check i am actually ov so i need to call docs when i get next OPK and they will see me 8 days after.

Hi

I also had a short LP ranging from 6 days up to 8 days. I started taking a B6 complex vitamin and my LP is now between 12 and 15 days. I take a 100mg complex and a 25mg straight B6 (pyroxine I think it's called). The first month it didn't make much difference but now I'm happy to say its a lot longer with no spotting mid cycle.

You need to make sure your taking a complex b6 and not a standard b6 as the other b vitamins help with absorption (B12 etc). Without them apparently the B6 doesn't absorb as well and you'll actually not get as much as you need to extend your LP.

Goodluck.

Hi

I also had a short LP ranging from 6 days up to 8 days. I started taking a B6 complex vitamin and my LP is now between 12 and 15 days. I take a 100mg complex and a 25mg straight B6 (pyroxine I think it's called). The first month it didn't make much difference but now I'm happy to say its a lot longer with no spotting mid cycle.

You need to make sure your taking a complex b6 and not a standard b6 as the other b vitamins help with absorption (B12 etc). Without them apparently the B6 doesn't absorb as well and you'll actually not get as much as you need to extend your LP.

Goodluck.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am taking a 50mg of B6, which I take in the morning.

i am also taking pregncare preconception, which i take after my evening meal. this has 10mg of B6 as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B12.

i do have a question though, should i take these at the same time to help with the absorption?

That`s great news that your LP was extended, if I could just get 2-3 days longer I would be happy.

thanks and good luck to you too.:hugs:

Hi

Goodluck.

i am also taking pregncare preconception, which i take after my evening meal. this has 10mg of B6 as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B12.

i do have a question though, should i take these at the same time to help with the absorption?

That`s great news that your LP was extended, if I could just get 2-3 days longer I would be happy.

I'm not sure whether or not you have to take them at the same time. i take all of mine first thing in the morning and find that the majority of what I don't need is flushed out by about 2pm every day. See how you go with the 60mg your taking a day and if that does nothing for your LP try increasing it next month. You can safely take up to 200mg without it causing any damage long term.

Hi

Goodluck.

I'm not sure whether or not you have to take them at the same time. i take all of mine first thing in the morning and find that the majority of what I don't need is flushed out by about 2pm every day. See how you go with the 60mg your taking a day and if that does nothing for your LP try increasing it next month. You can safely take up to 200mg without it causing any damage long term.

Hi, I`ll see how it goes this month and maybe try it a different way next month.:hugs:

My lp is short too. After several consultations i was told that if your egg is not of good quality it will not produce enough progesterone. I have progesterone supplements now that i am to tale if i get a bfp. Since neither of my ectopics were confirmed meaning they never saw or goind anything in my tubes.. i attribute the losses to low quality eggs and low progesterone. I was not on progesterone supplements at these times and my progesterone was tested a few time and was low. My day 21 test was also very low. 6.4.. i take coq10 now as i have read some great reviews for eggs especially for tgose of us at advanced maternal age. :) baby dust!!

How much of the coq10 do you take daily?

I only take 100mg of coq10. I tried 200mg for a few weeks but i was getting some side effects of body rash and diarrhea.. ive been one it for 6weeks now so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->