Short Luteal Phase

A

AndreZZ

Hello...

I hope I am posting in the right section. I am TTC, just started temping and using OPK's. I had my son 8 months ago and FINALLY got my first post partum AF, however my luteal phase was only about 5 days. I ovulated on Monday March 24th, and by Saturday night (March 29th) AF had arrived. At first I thought it was implantation bleeding because it was a super light AF for me, but I took a couple pregnancy tests (even one today at 14 dpo and it was negative).

Has anyone ever experienced a short luteal phase post partum that went back to normal, or even a 'fluke' short luteal phase??? I am freaking out and very worried, I know things can take time to get back to normal post partum but some reassurance from someone would be so so nice- my anxiety is through the roof.

Are you breastfeeding?

I am in a similar situation but I am breastfeeding which effects your cycles. I had my first period PP when LO was 8 months, now she is 11 months and still feeds frequently. My cycles are still irregular. I did OPKs last cycle and was so excited to see a positive last week and guess I o'd Saturday or Sunday but af showed up 6/7 days after :(.

From what I can tell it is usual for the first couple of cycles PP and if you are BFing it can take longer to regulate. It commonly takes 3 or 4 cycles to get back to full fertility but can take longer. If you are not BFing it still often takes a couple of cycles for your body to sort things out.

If your cycles have just come back you don't need to worry, it's totally normal and things will probably work themselves out in a couple of months. Not that it stops me from worrying, lol. I can't help but worry about all the potential implications.

Are you breastfeeding?

I am in a similar situation but I am breastfeeding which effects your cycles. I had my first period PP when LO was 8 months, now she is 11 months and still feeds frequently. My cycles are still irregular. I did OPKs last cycle and was so excited to see a positive last week and guess I o'd Saturday or Sunday but af showed up 6/7 days after :(.

From what I can tell it is usual for the first couple of cycles PP and if you are BFing it can take longer to regulate. It commonly takes 3 or 4 cycles to get back to full fertility but can take longer. If you are not BFing it still often takes a couple of cycles for your body to sort things out.

If your cycles have just come back you don't need to worry, it's totally normal and things will probably work themselves out in a couple of months. Not that it stops me from worrying, lol. I can't help but worry about all the potential implications.

Thank you so much for your response! Makes me feel alot better:). I was breastfeeding but stopped in December so it's been a while of me waiting for AF...and now this short luteal phase is frustrating to say the least.
I hope both of our cycles go back back to normal sooner than later...thanks again for the response really appreciate it!

My LP was short after having my LO. You can try B6 to lengthen it. I took B100 complex. I took that for a few months, then stopped breastfeeding. During that 3-4 month process, my LP went from 8-9 days to 12 days. I did go from 4-6 feeds/day to 1 before weaning completely, so I can't say for sure whether it was the weaning or the B complex that helped lengthen my LP.

I know others have used Vitex and progesterone, but I don't have personal experience with either.

My LP was short after having my LO. You can try B6 to lengthen it. I took B100 complex. I took that for a few months, then stopped breastfeeding. During that 3-4 month process, my LP went from 8-9 days to 12 days. I did go from 4-6 feeds/day to 1 before weaning completely, so I can't say for sure whether it was the weaning or the B complex that helped lengthen my LP.

I know others have used Vitex and progesterone, but I don't have personal experience with either.

How much B100 complex did you take? How much per day? And where does one buy B100 complex? Can i it mid cycle or should I wait for CD1? Lol sorry I know nothing about this clearly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->