Short luteal phase?

S

sugarlove

I think I've got this. For the last 2 months, I have started spotting about 7 days after ov. This lasts for about a week, and then AF starts properly.

Anyone else got this, and any advice as to what to do to lengthen it?

Thanks
SL

Sugarlove, in the past I've also had a short LP. For some women, extra B6 seems to do the trick. If you take it, start with an extra 50mgs every day. If that doesn't work, you can up your dose to 100mgs. It isn't safe to take more than 200mgs or so a day. I tried this and it didn't really work for me. My acupuncturist recommended a bio-identical progesterone cream. I started using that from ovulation until AF or into my first trimester. It definitely helped me to lengthen my LP. Mine was 10 -11 days and I've lengthened it to 12 - 13 days. I use the Emerita Pro-Gest brand.

However, it sounds like the length of yours is ok, you are just spotting for 7 days of it. Have you had your progesterone checked? Before you do anything, you should get it checked and talk to your doctor about options. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply heart tree.

I thought that the spotting was signalling the short luteal phase, or is it the actual AF that counts?

The spotting I'm getting this month is exactly the same as last month. Looks very dark, nearly black and a bit clotty. Sorry for tmi!

I'm getting a scan done in a few weeks time, so see what Doctor has to say after that.

I'm thinking of trying Agnus Castus too.

x

I have a short luteal phase but I think it is counted from CD1, day 1 of full flow and not spotting. It would prob help to check with the doctor tho. I have used B6 and agnus castus for 4 months with no real results! :-(

I have heard that taking increased amount of VitB complex can extend your luteal phase

Other than that, you would need to get a FS to diagnose it and prescribe once of the luteal phase lengthening drugs hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->