Shorter Cycles = Earlier Menopause?

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night because I have nothing better else to do until I'm fertile next week. Anyways, I have a 33-34 day cycle length and I envy the women who have an "average" cycle, (basically anything shorter than mine!) so it got me wondering....

If the women who have a shorter cycle, does that mean they get their periods more frequently and thus going through menopause before a woman who has a longer cycle?

I wouldn't think so but who knows, there might be something to it. Google probably knows! Google knows almost everything. lol

I don't know, I wouldn't think that is any indication of when menopause will occur. But I have read that a women's cycle can shorten as she ages - LP getting shorter. Don't ask me where I read this or for a link, but I'm pretty sure I did read that once.

ETA - maybe it is the follicular phase that gets shorter, can't remember!

McCurdy - Wow, I didn't even think of that... lol!

Zephram- I always thought menopause happened when the women ran out of eggs? That's why I thought since with shorter cycles, they happen more frequently thus causing earlier menopause. Hmm, I will look into that, but thank you for your reply!

Interesting concept. It will at least make me feel better about having longer cycles anyway haha!!

I wouldn't think that cycle length has any relation to ovarian reserve. Women have varying numbers of eggies in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->