Shorter periods after stopping BCP... Anyone else?

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
I decided to discontinue BCP mid-May, in the middle of my pack (wish I would've finished it). I had the breakthrough bleed and possibly a period as well, because I bled for well over a week or so. The following four months I had regular cycles that lasted 25-26 days with a LP of 12 days and periods that lasted 5 days. I began charting and using OPKs in July and following months as well. :af: came October 4th and started my new cycle, but my period only lasted two solid days and I had very minimal spotting (if I could even call it that) on a light tampon a day or two after. That cycle ended up lasting 28 days and :af: came the first of November, again lasting two solid days but the third day I had heavier spotting than the time before and then nothing at all after.

I had been to my gyno on October 28th just before my most recent :af: and asked him about my first shorter than normal "monthly gift". He said my uterine lining didn't build up very thick, hence the shorter period. But since I got yet another weird, short :af: I'm wondering if something else is going on that could be preventing me from conceiving :shrug: Or perhaps my body is finally completely regulating itself completely since stopping BC?

I've completely sworn off charting and using OPKs for the next couple months, hoping a more relaxed approach will help me get a :bfp: but this short :af: crap is hard to ignore! :wacko: Has anyone else experienced this?

Come to think of it my last AF (started Oct. 23) was shorter than normal. I came off the pill Sept. 25. I have noticed that I ovulate a little earlier then I thought I would. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck :)

Come to think of it my last AF (started Oct. 23) was shorter than normal. I came off the pill Sept. 25. I have noticed that I ovulate a little earlier then I thought I would. Wish I could be of more help. Good luck :)

I've been on some form of BC since having my daughter in 2005. The pill, shot, IUD then back to the pill. When I stopped the BCP mid-May, my periods lasted my usual 5 days until my October 4 and November 1 periods... those lasted 2 days :shrug: And since I've been charting and using OPKs, I O around CD13 or 14... except for this past time I O'd on CD16. At least my LP is a constant 12 days. Any other time I'd consider this a blessing, but when TTC ten years after my last pregnancy it makes me super nervous!

Hi Mamabunny2! Yep, my periods are defintitely shorter since coming off BCP in August. I was on BCP for roughly 10 years on and off (mostly on) and during this time, AF would normally last 4-5 days and (TMI) would be fairly heavy. Now, my periods last around 3-4 days, and are light to medium. My second AF after coming off BCP actually lasted only 2 days and was much lighter than my usual.

My cycles have also got shorter, C1 was 30 days, C2 29, c3 28! Here's hoping that my current cycle, C4 is much much longer, i.e. 9 months ;)

Hi Mamabunny2! Yep, my periods are defintitely shorter since coming off BCP in August. I was on BCP for roughly 10 years on and off (mostly on) and during this time, AF would normally last 4-5 days and (TMI) would be fairly heavy. Now, my periods last around 3-4 days, and are light to medium. My second AF after coming off BCP actually lasted only 2 days and was much lighter than my usual.

My cycles have also got shorter, C1 was 30 days, C2 29, c3 28! Here's hoping that my current cycle, C4 is much much longer, i.e. 9 months ;)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I just hope it doesn't interfere with TTC... I seem to find every little thing possible that could be wrong with me and prevent a pregnancy. It's only been a few months, I'm just really impatient especially since my two children were conceived immediately after BC. My cycles were 28 days on BCP and as soon as I went off it I believe the first cycles was 30 days, then between 25-26 for three cycles then a 28 day most recently. I'm trying NOT to stress in hopes I'll get a :bfp: but this is bothering me!!! :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->