Should I ask for a membrane sweep?

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Today I went for a growth scan because my last baby was only small and this was due to my placenta not working properly. He was only 4lb 11oz when born and I ended up with an emergency c section because of high blood pressure.

So far this pregnancy, I have been fine re BP and growing very big but they still wanted me to be checked just to be on the safe side.

Went in for my scan and the sonographer was asking the weights of my previous babies so I told her ; #1, 10lb 15oz #2, 8lb 70z & #3, 4lb 11oz! She said that I was having another big baby and I was pretty frightened to say the least as it is only 12 months since my last section. It frightens me when I have to do a big #2, let alone try and deliver a big baby!

I mentioned this to the midwife in the clinic after the scan and she said I could have a section but I needed to decide there and then so they could book it. I said no thanks because I know how painful it was last time and I didnt reaaly get back on my feet for a good few weeks and this time I have a 1 year old to look after aswell as a newborn :)

Anyway, slightly deviated from my point there but on Friday I am back at the ante natal day unit to have baby monitored and my BP checked. Do you think if I ask for a membrane sweep that they will do one?

My husband is on lates next week and I would really like her to come before then as he cant answer his phone when driving because he will risk losing his job. I would also like to deliver this baby while she is still only around the 9lb mark as the sonographer said she was today.

I am measuring term so surely it cant harm for them to try? I guess if I am not ready then nothing will happen anyway :)

id ask for sure. They may have a look. They would only do it if favourable anyway. I had a section just over a year ago and my daughter was 8lb9. Good luck with your vbac. I hope for one to.

I would ask aswell, they normally start looking into sweeps after 38wks if its been a diff pregnancy which your passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->