Should I ask for a re-diagnosis?

Shezza84uk

❤️Our family is complete, mum of 6❤️
Reaction score
Hiya,

I hope someone can help, DD was diagnosed with SLI(Speech and Language Impairment) at 2.5 as she's got older I have realised a few other things that might indicate something besides speech.

She has never liked loud noises but if its something she likes on TV she doesn't mind if its louder, when DS came home and cried she would have a breakdown at his crying, she smells everything and I mean everything! I do the washing and she will go around smelling it or go under her bedding to inhale the smell, everything I give her to eat she has to smell it and if its something unfamiliar she will stick her tongue out to taste it, also if she realises its not the norm she would get distressed!! Now this bit is major and I am baffled she is smelling armpits!! :wacko:. she will hug someone mainly people in the family and she tries to smell their armpits, I think its the smell of deodorant cant quite put my finger on it :nope:

A huge problem I am having right now is she is very affectionate to everyone even people we have never met. We got a taxi home and she kissed the driver before we got out of the car this happens in the shopping center at Christmas we sat on a bench and she kissed and hugged the lady next to us! :shrug:

Is she just affectionate? I honestly dont know what to make of it and im trying not to nip pick but I think this is beyond speech?

I mentioned these things to my mum but she thinks I am being negative tell me i'm not the only one who thinks something was missed here? :cry:

I am seeing the pediatrician next week and want to say something but don't want them thinking i'm being an OTT mother xx

I would discuss your concerns with the pead, don't worry about them thinking you are Ott, that is what they are there for, to listen to your concerns :)

the end of the day a mum always knows when there is something not quite right so I would mention it as it does seem asif something else might be going on your her mum and u know her best xxx

Thank you ladies I've sort of kept quiet up to now because I thought maybe that's just her thing but I can't help but feel me being in denial isn't going to benefit her and being discouraged by my mum makes me feel as if I am being too critical. I will speak to her Dr on Monday hopefully they will look into it x

Mum always knows best - I had an 18 month battle trying to get people to believe me when I said that my son was autistic. Nobody believed me (my parents still refuse to believe that anything is wrong, despite the fact that my 3 year old son is unable to say a word, can't feed himself, holds his ears constantly at loud sounds and wont make any eye contact with us) - trust your gut hun and if you feel that there is more to it that speech and language impairment then push it because you know your child better than anyone xx

I should have updated, her paediatrician said based on her time getting to know her and her sensory issues she would say she has mild autism. I'm now waiting for Occupational therapist and a few other bits from her paediatrician so we can move forward at least now I know where we stand and what to expect. Thank you ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->