• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I be concerned?

Angelic

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Not posted on here much recently as been trying to take a break to stop me obsessing but I'm having an odd cycle so I'm back for help! I'm 39 and ttc my first.
So at the moment I am approx 6-9 days late (cycle is between 23-26 days). But I have done a few tests and they are all BFN. Should I be chalking this down to "just one of those things" or take a visit to my GP? I can't say I have had any pg symptoms in particular, apart from a weird kind of sensation near my belly button that makes me feel a bit weedy, and usually at night. Thing is I went to see my GP the other month as we had been trying since xmas and he basically just said "you will conceive, just might take a couple of years" so he clearly isn't concerned.
I haven't been poas to check OV or anything recently cos I knew roughly when it would happen etc but now everything is out the window and I'm a bit lost :shrug:

Any advice?

:dust:

Hi Angelic

I think it's worth going to see the GP if you're still testing BFN at this stage? You could then get a blood test done. I read yesterday that about 10% of women who are pregnant don't get a BFP at 14dpo, but normally by 21dpo at the latest it should be there.

You said you didn't track ovulation this month? It might be that you O'd really late this month? I know from doing mine for the last 7 months or so that it can be anything from day 11 to day 17 - and I'm normally a 27-29 day cycle.

fingers crossed for you xx:dust:

I agree with the above poster.
It can also depend on the strength of the test you are using spec if you may have ov'd a bit later than you thought.
Also this may sound strange but I did read the hcg a minority of women produce does not pick up on a regular hcg pee test:shrug: Werid but it does explain women who say they never got a pos test.
I would try to get a beta if possible though.
Good luck:flower:

PS love your kitty pic - is it your cat?

I was just gonna suggest that pin pointing the day you are ovulating would be good for knowing your luteal phase - which is a great help in knowing when you are late/need to test.

Im not saying you don't know when you ovulate ( as i certainly have all the ov symptoms too..) but knowing exactly is sometimes better that circa, especially where the lp is concerned. I.e. I have a 12 day lp, so all i do is when i know i have ovulated i just add 12 days and voila, here comes the :witch: Its handy if nothing else, lol!

Anywhoo, enough of my blabbing on, lol! I hope its a BFP for you hun :)

All the best, Omi xxx

ps, love the kitty cat avatar, too! :)

Thanks for your replies everyone O:). There have been developments today (and yesterday!). TMI alert...

I have been having coloured discharge when wiping on and off for the last two days but this morning on one occasion when I wiped there was a whole load of watery CM which was streaked with bright red. I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up but to my mind this could be IB. I only say that because AF never ever starts up like this.

I only stopped poas to check ov a few months ago because I was trying not to make a big thing of the whole ttc lark to stop me becoming obsessed by it but I wish I had kept on at it now!!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me and lots of :dust: to all!!

Oh and thanks for your lovely comments about my cat. She's just a moggie but I think she's quite a stunner lol

x

Hi Angelic
What you described happened to me almost exactly two cycles ago. I am never late and have been ttc no 2 for nigh on 22 months with nothing, nada, not even a hint of a line. Anyway, I was 10 days late and didn't know exactly when I ov cos like you I had decided to stop testing with OPks that cycle to stop obsessing about it all. Then I had a very heavy period at around 14 days late - may have been an early m/c, docs aren't sure as tested negative on home and surgery tests, but as I said I'm never late. My two bits of advice to you are 1) ask for bloods at the docs if this continues and you're still testing BFN, and, 2) if things don't work out this cycle always do the opks so at least you know when you ov and when you are late. Its peace of mind.
Hope you get your BFP xxx

Hi Angelic
What you described happened to me almost exactly two cycles ago. I am never late and have been ttc no 2 for nigh on 22 months with nothing, nada, not even a hint of a line. Anyway, I was 10 days late and didn't know exactly when I ov cos like you I had decided to stop testing with OPks that cycle to stop obsessing about it all. Then I had a very heavy period at around 14 days late - may have been an early m/c, docs aren't sure as tested negative on home and surgery tests, but as I said I'm never late. My two bits of advice to you are 1) ask for bloods at the docs if this continues and you're still testing BFN, and, 2) if things don't work out this cycle always do the opks so at least you know when you ov and when you are late. Its peace of mind.
Hope you get your BFP xxx

Hi Minno I'm so sorry for your loss. And thanks for the advice, that's really helpful. I'm still spotting etc so I'll just have to see what this week brings.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->