should I be worried about his weight?

Naimi

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I feel like the friend that deserted her friends when she had a baby :) I haven't been around much but I have been reading some posts from time to time, the summer holidays has kept me busy.

Anyway, just want some opinions on whether I should be worried about Matthews weight. He's 7 1/2 months old and today only weighed 15lb 3oz.

About 4 weeks ago he weighed 14lb 15oz but then caught a stomach bug and lost alot of weight. He couldn't keep anything down and was just having Diarolyte in water 3 times a day. However 4 weeks later I thought he would have gained back more than just 4oz.

He got bored of milk about 6 weeks ago too and now its even worse since the bug. He has 4oz in the morning and then another 2 with cereal. Then he'll have a large jar of food for lunch followed by 2 fromage frais. He then has 4-5oz at 3pm ish and another jar food followed by jar fuit at 5.30pm. He has no desire for the evening bottle anymore and all he'll take is 3oz if I'm very lucky but most of the time none. He's sleeping ok, so obviously doesnt make him wake up hungry but i cant help but think at 7 1/2 months he should weigh more that 15lbs 3oz. he was 7lb 7oz at birth, so not tiny.

Any opinions would be apreciated, hope that wasnt too long of a read.

Naimi xx

That's not a bad weight for his age - as long as he is healthy in everything else, his weight shouldn't be too much of a concern, since all babies grow at different rates anyway. Have you had his doctor's opinion on it?

He's such a cutie too, btw :)

I wouldn't worry either. But if you want, you can supplement him with goats milk which is high in calories, and the most like breastmilk. You can also mash avocados for him. They are high in fats.

That isnt a bad weight for 71/2 months, dont worry all kids are different and if doc or HV was worried about his weight they would have said.

To be honest I haven't taken him to the clinic in a couple months, I just go to the DIY weigh scales so that i dont have to que up. He is healthy in every other way and i know they grow at different speeds so that gives me some peace of mind but you know what its like, whether its your 1st, 2nd or 10th, you still worry.

Mummy2Many, my first daughter was prem, no where near as bad as your little angel though, mine was born at 30 weeks, but just wanted to tell you to hang in there :)

Same age (not so long ago either) Caitlin was just over 15lb she was born 7lb exactly. HV said nothing to worry about

x

Thanks wobs, congrats on pregnancy :) hope Caitlin is well.

Naimi x

I wouldn't worry about his weight hun, Kacy only weighs 24lbs and she is nearly 3 i can't remember her weight at matthew age but she only got to 9lbs at 5 months old.

If he is eatting and happy he is healthy hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->