should i be worried..is he poorley?

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver hasnt slept today..he woke for a nappy change and feed at 9:30am and has been awake ever since! Well he has dozed off a couple of times for 15 minutes, thats literally it! He isnt really eating either. He had 4oz when he woke this morn and ever since then he has only been having about half an ounce and most of that he spat out. He's crying alot too. We've tried to comfort him but that only calms him for about ten minutes. I can see the poor little sausage is exhausted yet he just will not go to sleep. He keeps dozing off in my arms and then suddenly wakes up. I dont know what to do for him. Im gonna take him to see GP tomorrow if he's still the same, I think he may be poorly. I cant help but worry. x

Hmm not sure hun but didn't want to read and run
he might just be having a off day but you know him better than any one
:hugs:

Hi ya, keep a close eye on babes and if his the same or worsen in the night call ur gp or after hours service, is best to be on the safe side if you think his not his usual self. hope his better soonxx

Take him to the doctors if you are that worried about him.

Could it be trapped wind or constipation? you said he's not having his milk.. try some prune juice (not too much) or half a squeezed orange mixed with 1-2oz of cooled boiled water.
Least he is sleeping a little though, he does sound over tired.. hope he is ok.

you should not give ur baby fresh orange juice at 2 weeks or prune juice. if you feel he is constipated just cool boiled water iis fine, its far too young too be add such things to babies bottle.x:baby:

That was my HV's advice when Bethanie was constipated. Sorry didn't realise I was replying to you (as your baby is so young).

Heres some advice I found:

Diet treatment for infants less than 1 year old For babies less than 2 months old, try giving 1 teaspoon of dark Karo syrup twice a day. Give fruit juices (such as apple or prune juice) twice a day to babies over 2 months old. Switching to soy formula may also result in looser stools. If your baby is over 4 months old, add strained foods with a high fiber content such as cereals, apricots, prunes, peaches, pears, plums, beans, peas, or spinach twice a day. Strained bananas and apples are neither helpful nor constipating.

Hmm not sure! Could he have some gas or a tummyache? Have you tried a swing or something like that? Hope hes okay!

FYI.....For constipation

Some HV's and MV's recommend to start with cooled boiled water, but if that fails, do as Tilly said, 1oz of pure orange (not from concentrate) to 1oz of cooled boiled water.......others disagree! We had to use the orange on Alfie as he was so bunged up.

Not that I am saying that is what is needed here.....I was refering to a couple of replies! :wacko:

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Sign%20Posts/remoteImage-138.gif

How is little 'un now hun, I hope he is back to normal? :hugs:x

FYI.....For constipation

Some HV's and MV's recommend to start with cooled boiled water, but if that fails, do as Tilly said, 1oz of pure orange (not from concentrate) to 1oz of cooled boiled water.......others disagree! We had to use the orange on Alfie as he was so bunged up.

Not that I am saying that is what is needed here.....I was refering to a couple of replies! :wacko:

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Sign%20Posts/remoteImage-138.gif

How is little 'un now hun, I hope he is back to normal? :hugs:x
Not exactly..im really confused now...He is eating more and more and sleepin less and less! He'll take 4 ounces then be awake for hours. When we do get him to sleep he only sleeps for an hour or so then takes another 4 ounces!! Then hes sick and i dont just mean a little bit of dribble- He projects it!! Im really worried (and extremely tired) surely i cant feed him 4 ounces every hour or so!? How can he possibly still be hungry? I have to let him have it cus he doesnt stop crying otherwise no matter how many cuddles he has xx

It could be a growth spurt. Kaya was doing this a couple of days ago - feeding all the time, hardly sleeping. She's still very awake but she's feeding a lot less. I wouldn't worry if he seems happy and healthy.

If he's projecting his sick then it could be wind trapped that's bringing it up.

Charlotte did a scene from the Exorcist once and when I rang NHS Direct in horror they said unless she projects it 4 feet then it isn't really projectile! :shock:

It can be so daunting, all these new experiences! I know I went through a lot of worries like this, Am I giving her enough milk? too much? is she sleeping ok? she too hot? too cold?, you worry yourself sick!

Im sure he's fine, and I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry so much. All you need to do in most cases is use your common sense and calm yourself then things will seem so much easier!

When you look back and think of the silly things you worried about, you will laugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->