Should I be worried? Vision problems etc.

babydust92

Reaction score
This morning after getting up the unusual happened. I was in the bathroom and when I turned around I saw flying bits of glitter swarm around me. Luckily it only lasted for about 20 seconds but it was weird to say the least. I looked it up and the first forum I saw was fine and normal. I'm not sure what made me type the problem into Google again but more forums leading to Pre Clampsia were popping up. I decided to message my Midwife and I told her about the vision problem. Straight away she messaged me back (rarely happens) but it was to ask who I was xD so I replied and she hasn't replied since (busy I guess).

I decided to look up the symptoms for PE and I have more than one.
Severe heartburn:everyday/several times a day.
Severe headaches: I wouldn't say severe but I have been getting headaches recently.
Pain under ribs: last night I had two spurts of pain in under 30 minutes which hurt to the point I thought I should be worried.
Vomiting: my vomiting stopped a while back but these past few days I've been vomiting every day. Sometimes it's a lot and others it's just a normal normal amount.

I have no swelling thankfully.

Should I be worried or could these merely just be common occurrences.

I'm hoping my midwife contacts me soon. If she doesent today I'll contact the pregnancy assessment team tomorrow.

Hi hon I had pre eclampsia with DD and my very first symptom was swelling. It was mainly in my ancles and feet and it was so swollen it was uncomfortable. The swelling happened around 27 weeks and at 32 weeks my pee showed protein and my blood presure had shot right up real high. I was admitted into hospital at 32 weeks because they thought I had H.E.L.P syndrome because my liver function was not good. Turned out as well as severe pre eclampsia I also had cholestasis of pregnancy which is a liver condition that causes severe itching. Pre eclampsia and cholestasis can go hand in hand but u dont always get the 2 together. Anyway I was induced at almost 36 weeks.

I have cholestasis again this time and was so scared about developing pre eclampsia again but thankfully my blood presure and urine are all ok.
I wud definitely seek help with regarding ure symptoms u really need ure blood presure and urine checked just to be sure.
Pre eclampsia is very serious and any symptoms need investigation sooner rather than later.
Really hope it all turns out to be nothing and it's just migraines or something. Good luck hon

I think you need to get checked to be sure. But if it makes you feel better, I get the glittery floating things to when I change positions too fast sometimes. My blood pressure has stayed normal so I think for me it’s actually a blood pressure drop when that happens. Better to be safe and get checked though.

I would call triage to get assessed more so than waiting for your midwife to get back in touch, I've had pre eclampsia twice and I'm currently borderline so to speak now, it's not worth the risk x

I would go in and get checked out to be on the safe side.

I've lost vision twice during my pregnancy - not so much 'glittery', more a big spot in front of eyes where I couldn't see a thing. Sort of sparkly. Very, very similar to my usual migraine auras - except both times it happened, I laid down for a nap and it never progressed to the usual sickness and awful headaches that are guaranteed with my migraines.

I mentioned it to my midwife but blood pressure and urine were fine so no worries re pre-eclampsia. More likely retinal migraine, which is like a 'normal' migraine but just the eye symptoms. Probably linked to a temporary rise in blood pressure - the first time it happened I was really stressed out, the second time we'd been travelling all day.

So, maybe it's the same for you - were you doing anything especially energetic or stressful that could have shoved your blood pressure up a bit? And was resting for a bit what made it resolve itself? I'd still recommend getting checked out ASAP, as midwife/GP/delivery unit can very easily check for urine protein or raised pressure which could highlight something serious BUT don't worry yourself in the meantime as that won't help your stress levels - Google is rarely a good idea haha!

Always best to be checked out.. better safe than sorry!

However, i get the glitter vision if i get up too quickly or sometimes if i change position quickly and dont have pre-e.

Always best to be checked out.. better safe than sorry!

However, i get the glitter vision if i get up too quickly or sometimes if i change position quickly and dont have pre-e.
Same it's usually a drop in blood pressure for me or if I get up to quickly! But definitely if your worried there's no harm in getting seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->