Should I be worried?

Ayden

Reaction score
Hey all!

I had my last normal menstrual period on December 15-20, between Christmas and New Years I mentioned to my fiancé that my legs were killing me like growing pains I used to get as a kid. Then January 10th I spotted a brown discharge, thought my period was starting early but woke up the next day to an empty pad - nothing for over 24 hrs then followed by two days of bright pink/red spotting. This was nothing like my normal periods that are heavy with lots of cramping and last 5-6 days.

Since then I have been bloated, nauseous, had head aches, lots of clear discharge, leg cramps, and period like cramps off and on - the last three nights they woke me up out of my sleep. I also am crazy hungry - not like me at all I always have to force myself to eat and last night I was so hungry I ha to get up at 2am and have a snack because I couldn't sleep since I was starving - this has NEVER happened to me before and was especially weird bc I ate a huge bowl of food right before I went to bed.

So, I woke up this morning and did a hpt - it was negative.

What I'm concerned about is that with the cramping and such is it possible to have a negative hpt and have an etopic pregnancy? I have felt dizzy and weak as well but am not pale or spotting. Just concerned a I can't figure out what is going on and was sure my test would be positive this morning.

I do drink ALOT of water but didnt think this would affect a test if I was using FMU?

Where are the cramps located? On one side? both? Do you have any shoulder pain as well? Ectopic typically leads to lower abdminal pain on one side, and ocassional pain in around the shoulder.

Most experiences I have seen about ectopic are women who have gotten a positive, however I do believe that it would be possible to tst negative as well.

Ectopic pregnancy is such a dangerous thing as it can lead to a tube being raptured and internal bleeding. If you do suspect this, I would strongly suggest going to a doctor right away.

Outside of all this, the syptoms your have listed match mine when I found out I was preggo.

THart,

Sometimes they bounce bak and forth or are all in my lower abdominal such as when I have period cramps. What does worry me is I have had a fair bit of pain in my left hip and lower ribs. And that all seems to stick to the left side.

I'm probably being paranoid but was sure my test was going to be positive this morning. I'm going to make a Dr. Appt tomorrow - do you think it's possible to be approx 7 weeks and have a negative hpt? I used FMU and a First Response Early Respone (the one with lines, not digital)

Also congrats on your little bundle on the way!!

It would be strange to not get a positive hpt at 7 weeks, but there are rare stories out the by women who didn't get positives until 8, 10, 12 weeks and so on.

Thank you on the congrats.

Are you hopeful towards being preggers? Cause although th syptoms are familar I would hate to see you get your hopes up. I feel that pregnancy at this point is only a slight possibility (but I am not a doctor so I could be very much wrong)

I would be happy if we were expecting but not holding my hopes out, more just worried that something is wrong.

We aren't really trying although I'm not on birth control but we have used the withdrawal method for 4 years. We have always had the opinion if it happens it happens.

I'm definitely going to the Dr's tomorrow and get an opinion because I hopped on the scale at my mom's house and despite eating a lot I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks :S I am already tiny but have never lost weight like that.

Please keep us updated here! Hopefully it goes well! And I keep my fingers crossed for you incase there is even a chance!

I promise I will let you know what's going on! Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->