Should I be worried

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe hasnt eatten as normal today, she's wanted milk at the normal times but only takes 3-4 oz before falling asleep. She seems quite happy and not ill or anything, just not as hungry as normal.

Is it just she's not hungry today and will make up for it tomorrow? Is she starting to settle into what she needs now? Has she just finished a growth spurt?

I wouldn't worry about change of eating habits now and then.

Yeah as you say she might have just finished a growth spurt, might just not be in the mood for it, maybe teething is upsetting her mouth. As long as she's not losing weight don't worry.

Your LO will probably do it a lot. My Aeryn has just eaten like an utter pig for a week (I mean meal sizes almost same as mine!) but since yesterday she's just picking and not really interested.

Hannah has days like that too, one day at least half of her feeds were 2 ounces or less when the day before she'd been eating almost 4 ounces! I did realize though that she can now go longer between feeds--which helps her to take more at a time (almost 4 ounces now, will be upping to 5 soon I think), generally about 4 hours.

You'll know best. If she seems happy and not ill I wouldn't worry. You could always ask a health professional about it if it's still happening next time you see them or if you get worried about it. Better to put your mind at rest. I think 3-4 oz is quite normal for babies that are the same age as ours though...it's just Chloe and Alasdair have always seemed rather greedy!

I think 3-4 oz is quite normal for babies that are the same age as ours though...it's just Chloe and Alasdair have always seemed rather greedy!

Thats true, I dont think she'll waste away in a couple of days will she!!!:rofl:

Ted did exactly the same at about 6 weeks. WEnt the whole night without hardly eating. His nappy was dry in teh morning!! He just wanted to sleep. As long as it doesnt go on for days i wouldnt worry.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Now IF she was arching her back (in a temper) and falling asleep and then waking up hungry again shortly after or needing more bottles but taking less = less time between bottles...
and doing this for a few days

then i would try the next teat up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"