Should i be worried?

1st_baby

For the past 2 weeks max has been doing funny things ? he will sit on the floor and rock back and forth until something gets his attention ..he will do this even when hes playing quietly in the corner .

The other thing is when hes in his crib or our arms and falling alseep he will shake his head side to side until hes asleep??

Should I be worried is this a sign of autism :cry: he crawls , talks allot and shows no other signs of that but im worried ..

Not sure about the first bit but Hannah does the head thing before she goes to sleep, even in her stroller, she's done it for as long as I can remember

From what I just read, you should be worried if he isn't smiling, if he isn't doing what he should be doing for his age (milestones)

This is roughly what he should be doing as per his age group https://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc

xx

I think a big sign is eye contact. My son does weird things where he looks out of the corner of his eyes and just stands there but then he does something else that shows me he is just exploring his body. Just keep an eye on things and if things seem strange to you write them down and ask the dr at his next check up.

so as I read he does everything from 7-12 months except ..walking alone, standing for a few seconds ..draws with crayons ..but the rest he dose with no problem ..

as for smiling well what can I say he was born with a perma smile lol

I think that ih he is spot on with his milestones and shows affection (i.e. eye contact) there's no reason to worry.
I'm sure that is just a little phase, we all know babies do funny/strange things.

i saw on a programme that if a child rocks him/herself backwards and forwards it is a sign of boredom and lack of stimulation.......it was on a progamme about orpans in romanian orphanages with sarah ferguson and her daughters.

:hugs: i agree with amy, just see how he goes, but its usually associated with physical contact and affection. i believe it normally shows around 14months or so, may not be correct x

Don't worry about it hun, he sounds perfectly normal( sorry hate the word normal, no such thing lol but can't think of another) for his age
They all do weird little things from time to time and i think when we are with them 24/7 we see them more and they seem more obvious

I was worried about Jack for a while as he hated it if any kind of routine was messed up

for example when we walked to the shop he has to walk on the wall, get on at just the same spot and off at the same spot, when we had crossed the road he would go around the postbox, the down the ramp, onto the pavement with a bit missing and walk through that gap and god forbid if i didn't stay on his right hand side whilst he was doing this :shock:
he is fine now just one of those things they seem to go through

Tom shakes his head side to side but he's teething..

see archie kinda shakes his hed side to side when hes trying to sleep i jus assumed it was him tryna get compfy snug into something lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->