Should I call midwife over diarrhea & nausea?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I've been super nauseous and having diarrhea all day today. I'm 33+6 and know it's super important to not get dehydrated so I'm sipping as much water as I can on top of the nausea :( Not fun at all. I finally caved and pulled out my Zofran in hopes of curbing the nausea so I can drink more water.

Is there a point I should call my midwife or do I just ride it out and hope it clears up sooner than later? I sent DH to the store for crackers because right now I can't even eat anything.

Yes! As nausea and diarrehea can be labor signs and dehydration can trigger labor.
Definitely call just for piece if mind!

Oh I hope you get to feeling better. I agree, just give them a call, at least maybe for just peace of mind.

Still feeling off tonight but not as bad, I decided not to call because it would be marked as an emergency on the midwife pager. After taking a Zofran I was able to drink more water and actually eat something so that's helped. I plan to call first thing in the morning if it keeps up.

I threw up all night and had diarrhea few days ago. As long as you keep hydrated thats fine. It wasnt a sign of labor for me

I've done awful at hydration, but once the zofran kicked in I've been able to drink water and juice and some hot ginger tea.

Glad to know its not always a sign of labor, LO has more time to cook.

When I hit 33 weeks I seemed to get an upset stomach for almost a week, I thought perhaps I had eaten something funny the first day it happened but when it carried on I put it down to a weird late pregnancy symptom :dohh: :haha: hope you feel better soon :flower:

I've been feeling really sick as well, especially on an evening.

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks ladies. This morning I woke up hungry so I'm taking that as a good sign:thumbup: Went to bed with an awful headache, probably from being dehydrated so I'm sipping water with a light breakfast and as long as that settles I'll be heading tot he store for some Gatorade or something to help replenish.

I had a sickness bug and upset tummy last week. I j u St tried keeping fluids down. I couldn't stomach water but managed flat coke.

I decided to not talk to midwife unless couldn't keep anything down for more than 24 hours

Sometimes it's hard. I know I should be an open book with my midwives, but I swear every time I call in the one midwife I don't like is the one who's on call and she's so inpatient with me. She owns the practice and I tried bringing up my discomfort with one of the other midwives and it was like talking to a wall which I kind of expected.

Like one thing is any moment of pain I have the one midwife will say it's normal and see a chiropractor. I love my chiro dearly and see them as often as I can, but honestly it's not going to fix EVERYTHING. Grr.

I've been suffering with hg throughout that has yet to go away.. I've been in and out of the hospital for dehydration several times when I can't even keep a sip of water down. I know how horrible it feels! Zofran is my lifesaver! Just as a side note- zofran can (and does very often for me!) cause massive headaches, which are not at all helped by being dehydrated :haha: so that might have been why you had one the other night! :hugs: Hope you're feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->