Should I get the portable homebirth pool??

Clara006

Reaction score
We have a very nice large oval tub in our bathroom (which has tiled floors), so I was thinking that we would just plan on having the birth in our tub. Though, now I am reading about so many women that have their midwives bring a portable tub with them...is there any substantial pro to this?? I want to have the house as calm and serene as possible and want to be able to move around with ease, without tripping on "hospital-like" equipment! This is our 5th baby, but our first homebirth :happydance::happydance:

From what I've heard the main benefit to using the portable ones is that it's just easier on your knees because you can cushion the bottom more (and also I think they are a bit bigger than a lot of garden tubs). But if you can figure out a way to cushion your tub, especially if you plan on kneeling or being on all fours, it shouldn't make a difference. I think do whatever is comfortable, and if you want to be in your tub, then do it. One or the other isn't necessarily better as long as you are happy and feeling good about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->