Should I get this checked out or wait a while longer?

mummy_vic

Reaction score
So I'm 38+3 and since around 2pm today I've been having quite bad back pain, mainly to to right side. It's there constantly but the intensity seems to come and go if you see what I mean. I have tried taking paracetamol and having baths but that is not easing it at all.

The baby is moving fine, it's just this pain. I've had no other signs e.g. a show or cramps or anything. What do you think ladies? I Would need to get the in-laws over for my children (40 mins away) and negotiate a major city on a Friday night so want to be sure it's worth going.

My contrsctions started with my first baby as a back ache that came and went. I didn't go in until they started getting closer and stronger but if you feel like you should go in it doesn't hurt!

Sounds like back labor especially since nothing is helping the pain. I would honestly go in

I went in for something similar and they sent me home because I wasn't progressing despite all the pain. The only way to know for sure is to go in to be checked. Good luck.

Thanks for all your replies! So I rang the admissions unit at my local hospital and they advised me that it could be a UTI as I do have a history of them in pregnancy. They said that they were really busy and advised going to out of hours GP to rule that out first otherwise I'd be waiting a good few hours.

The out of hours GP did indeed diagnose a Kidney infection and has given me some emergency antibiotics until I can get to chemist in the morning for the stronger ones he has prescribed. Hopefully I start feeling better soon!

Glad you got it straightened out! Thanks for updating us!

My labour was complete back pain nowhere else. I had back labour the whole time and she was born back too back x

Oh sorry just seen it was because is a uti. Glad you're getting it sorted x

I've gone from actively trying to to start labour to hoping and praying that this baby stays put until I've finished the antibiotics! I feel so ill and wiped out that labour would be the last thing I need right now.

Yes definitely a good idea. It's exhausting enough never mind being unwell on top of that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->