• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should i give her the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned the hard way recently never to loan more money than you can afford to lose.

I agree with crystalbell...its your mum

Id do anything for my mum give her my last £2 or last £2000 if she needed it i would get it for her

Youve done the right thing and maybe not take the money off her she is going to pay back untill she is fiancally sercure then you know it wont be paid back to be lent out again..

It must be hard for your mum to even ask for help from yourself..you done the right thing tho hun

Is your mums BF getting his housing etc paid for? And do you contribute to any bills on top of giving him £40 a week?

My oh and I only pay £65 a week for a 2 bed council flat!!! Her BF is getting £320 a month off your brother and you, £480 if you counted your mum as giving him £40. That on top of his benefits is MORE than I used to have to live on after everything - I used to have about £200 a month.

I know it was you asking if you should lend your mum money, but HE clearly would have been able - he is just a selfish wank! I do hope that your mother does pay you back, and that her BF doesn't tell her she shouldn't have to (that's what I would worry about!).

Is your mums BF getting his housing etc paid for? And do you contribute to any bills on top of giving him £40 a week?

My oh and I only pay £65 a week for a 2 bed council flat!!! Her BF is getting £320 a month off your brother and you, £480 if you counted your mum as giving him £40. That on top of his benefits is MORE than I used to have to live on after everything - I used to have about £200 a month.

I know it was you asking if you should lend your mum money, but HE clearly would have been able - he is just a selfish wank! I do hope that your mother does pay you back, and that her BF doesn't tell her she shouldn't have to (that's what I would worry about!).

Yeah i know he is ripping us off but he says "its a very good deal".
He expects us to pay the gas and electric too. If i was offered a council flat/house id be gone! My mum doesnt give him money. She buys the food and he eats it and doesnt offer to pay for it. He much rather go to the pub which is across the road and spend it on beer then blame it on us when he is overdrawn.:hissy:
Oh and blame the reason why he drinks so much on us too!

Btw he owns the house, no mortgage. He had a payout or something.

Grrr, it sounds like he's been taking advantage of your Mum for years and now he's trying the same game with you! I do think you were right to give your Mum the money if she really needed it and she's agreed to pay it back.. but it makes me angry for you that the reason she was in that situation is because of him.
Apply for housing asap! Are you on a list?

I know :(
I applied for housing 6 weeks ago but dont expect to hear anything for at least another year.

its hard, if i had the money i would give it to her cause shes my mum but then u have paid the phone bill and u pay £40 to live there so its unfair 4 u 2 have to pay for her car, does she drive u around in her car if so i would pay it if not i wouldnt, maybe her bf should help out more.

You could privately rent a small flat and you would be able to get housing benefit for it but I think you have to work 16 hours for that. Do you have a job/at college or anything?

I dont understand your ticker though, you plan to buy a house in 7 months but have £300 savings?

He sounds like a wanker!

You and your brother should move out together -would a 2 bedrom flat be more than 80 per week? (I have no clue, beng australian)

How frustrating that he's your mothers boyfriend! My mother dated some total wankers after she left my dad, and I told her so! Its totally frustrating and heartbreaking when they cant see they're being taken for a ride! I was 16 and I was seeing straight through these total morons that my mum thought were great guys! So :hug: of sympathy also!

He sounds like a wanker!

You and your brother should move out together -would a 2 bedrom flat be more than 80 per week? (I have no clue, beng australian)

How frustrating that he's your mothers boyfriend! My mother dated some total wankers after she left my dad, and I told her so! Its totally frustrating and heartbreaking when they cant see they're being taken for a ride! I was 16 and I was seeing straight through these total morons that my mum thought were great guys! So :hug: of sympathy also!

I have just also found out he wants £10 a week of me and my mum to pay his £1,000 debt back to his sister. The money was borrowed for a lovely 6 ft fence up his garden and a fancy ass farmgate.

You could privately rent a small flat and you would be able to get housing benefit for it but I think you have to work 16 hours for that. Do you have a job/at college or anything?

I dont understand your ticker though, you plan to buy a house in 7 months but have £300 savings?

Hmmmm, I was wondering about this too!

Also, I'm assuming you're in a relationship due to your other ticker stating you will be ttc in 8 months? So, what does your partner think and can they not help you by moving into a place with you???

I'm very confused!

Thats none of your god damn business:grr:

If that's the case why are you publicising it? You must be pretty stupid if you think no one is going to wonder how your going to buy a house with no money and no job.

If that's the case why are you publicising it? You must be pretty stupid if you think no one is going to wonder how your going to buy a house with no money and no job.

Im not stupid. Again, its none of your business. I didnt ask a question on "buying a house" did i? Its irrelevant to the question i asked, so keep your snitch out.

To be fair, your Mum and Step Father's financial situation is not anybody else's business either but YOU took the decision to start a thread on it....and people are reading your thread and commenting and trying to give support and advice, so they will ask you further info....

I feel for your situation but that was extremely aggressive the way that you answered the other poster! I don't think you are stupid, btw, that's not fair either!

Im not stupid. Again, its none of your business. I didnt ask a question on "buying a house" did i? Its irrelevant to the question i asked, so keep your snitch out.

You ask a finance question then state you have next to no money and further down on your post you claim to be buying a house which happens to be finance related. It's a public forum, I'll put my "snitch" wherever I please. If you hadn't answered so aggresively there wouldn't have been an issue made out of it but you're coming across as a liar.

i would go get a job move out and not pay her !

You ask a finance question then state you have next to no money and further down on your post you claim to be buying a house which happens to be finance related. It's a public forum, I'll put my "snitch" wherever I please. If you hadn't answered so aggresively there wouldn't have been an issue made out of it but you're coming across as a liar.

Im not a liar. Do me a favour and chuff off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back