Should I give lo a vitamin supplement?

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
I just don't know what to do really. Lo doesn't have formula of any sort now, so she's not receiving any added vitamins etc from that, she only has whole cows milk. Her diet recently has become more limited, veggies are sometimes accepted if they are hidden somehow, she still loves fruit, loves pasta and potatoes, but seems to hate meat of any description. Will occasionally eat eggs. Do you think she would benefit from a vitamin supplement? Thanks x

Definitely!

Am just weaning DS from toddler formula now and have started adding a vitamin/mineral supplement. Even though DS eats a wide variety of meat, fish, vegetables, fruit and eggs. I never think it hurts (just in case). If your LO is a fussy eater, then I really think that they need it (for optimum health and development)

QT

I give Omar a multi vit when he goes off food for few weeks only. I always give him vit D drops as it's difficult to get it from food & he doesnt drink milk anymore xx

My HV advised that we kept giving Esther a multivitamin until after the winter. So i would say that yes you could give your lo one too.

Thanks ladies! Which ones do you use and how do you give them to lo? On a spoon like medicine or mixed with water/food? Thanks x

Mine are called Abidec and i get them from TECSO. In the packet you get a little syringe and i use that to give them to her. Every though to me they don't taste good, LO seems to love having them and loves sucking on the syringe!

Ds is a very fussy eater so we give him Abidec mixed in with juice on a morning.

He always drinks it and it makes me feel better that he is getting some extra vitamins as his diet really is terrible x

I just bought a new one and DD LOVES it. Follows me around when I get the bottle until I've given it to her. I'll check, hold on :) It's Vitabiotics Wellkid Baby and Infant. It's orange and vanilla flavour and tastes like an orange icecream (I might have had to lick the spoon when she was done...) I started giving it in a syringe, but she likes it so much I can give it from a spoon no bother. I don't mix drugs into her food/drink unless I have to.

I use the abidec one, we did use the wellkid baby one but its extremely expensive and the dose needed is many times bigger than the abidec drops and though I found I could get LO to take it all using a little medicine cup we got from the pharmacy-it would take ages and was so much hassle xx

Well, I ended up buying the Wellkid vitamin, things started well, lo took it and was asking for more! Next day she took a little and then wouldn't take anymore, now she won't even have a little. Short of pinning her down and forcing her to take it, i'm not sure what to do? Are there any jelly type vitamins available for this age group? Thanks x

Vitamins are ok to mix with milk. Maybe mix it with some milk or juice. How old is your LO? There are chewy gummy bears vits suitable from 2+ yrs.

We use abidec, always have. If hes been funny for a few days we mix it with his milk or juice

I've been giving LO vitamins since she was 6 months. For ages I was getting Wellkid but started getting Abidec because it's cheaper and LO prefers it (and I get my boots points ;))

Thanks ladies, I would mix it with some milk for lo but its orange flavour and i'm guessing it would taste gross with milk, she won't touch juice so thats not possible either! What does the Abidec one taste like, is it a strong flavour? x

Thanks ladies, I would mix it with some milk for lo but its orange flavour and i'm guessing it would taste gross with milk, she won't touch juice so thats not possible either! What does the Abidec one taste like, is it a strong flavour? x

Abidec says it has the natural flavour and aroma of vitamins, aka disgusting :D but my son seriously does not seem to mind it. xx

I gave Omar well wellkid 3 months back, I used to mix it with his milk (he also doesn't drink juice) & he didn't notice it's taste xx

Mine are called Abidec and i get them from TECSO. In the packet you get a little syringe and i use that to give them to her. Every though to me they don't taste good, LO seems to love having them and loves sucking on the syringe!

We use this. LO is a rubbish eater at the mo' so i am sure the vits arent going to waste!

Abidec says it has the natural flavour and aroma of vitamins, aka disgusting :D but my son seriously does not seem to mind it. xx

You are not kidding! It makes me heave!

I get the Abidec syrup, it's lemon flavour LO loves it
https://www.boots.com/en/Abidec-Multivitamin-Syrup-With-Omega-3-and-8-Essential-Vitamins_33319/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->