should I just push through?

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
Last night and the night before, I gave Alexander things he seemed to HATE.

Luckily they were both jar foods, I am testing things in jars and then making my own once I know he likes it. One was the heinz vegetables & chicken and the other was the heinz brocolli, potato and cheese casserole. Now I can truthfully see why he would hate the veggie chicken combo because it was so bland and nasty, I will never feed that again but the broc/pot/cheese casserole did taste fine and would be something I would concoct on my own. However, he hated both and cried each time I put it in his mouth. We made it through a full serving of both each night and I would save his oats until last and he would be fine and go on with his usual "mmmmmm" sounds when I fed him the oats....it was just the veg/meat things he cried over.

So my question is, should I push through with things he may not like now and continue to feed him them even if he cries? I mean he is not hysterical but there is clear indication that he is not happy with what is in his mouth.

hope this makes sense, :rofl:, its early and I am tired. :coffee:

Hiya.

Firstly, the jars don't taste anything like home made food so you may find he hates a jar but loves it home made or vice versa. Personally i wouldn't force anything on him at such a young age whilst he's still learning how to eat and what he likes doesn't like :hugs:

a broccoli, potato & cheese casserole might taste completely different if you cook it yourself! Whenever I cook the food myself it taste so much more like 'real' food, whereas jars are so bland

thats the pattern I see. With the chicken and veg jar I stopped and gave him my chicken peas and carrots mix and he ate it all fine. Made me happy :cloud9:

I don't particularily force him....its more like I think if I keep going he will realize it is ok.

stupid jars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->