should i lie about my due date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momof2tobe

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wandering if anybody else ever thought of not telling your doctor the correct date of your lmp?
Last time i was pregnant i was pushing for vbac and they said that i can do it but they wont let me get passed 1 week overdue. At the end i was fighting with the doctors to give me at least a day or two more so i could deliver by myself. The whole time i was wishing i just lied about my lmp in the first place, so i would give myself some extra time to go into labor.
They pretty much monitored me every or every other day, so if they discovered something wrong they could do another c section. Anyways, i went into labor on the way to the hospital for a scheduled c section, and i got my vbac.

Now, I'm thinking to tell my doctor the wrong date just to be able to avoid the c section at the end.
Im one of those women who are always overdue and I'm just scared that I'll have a set date to deliver by, otherwise it's a section.

What do you think?

i dont think thats going to work.. once they see your scan they measure babys Crown Rump Length and thats how they date the babys gestational age...

if you already had a sucessful VBAC why wouldnt they let you have a second? i thought that was the norm..

They did the scan last time. According to my lmp, due date was September 24, and according to the ultrasound it was October 1. My doctor told me that they would change the due date only if it was a two week difference. But it was only 1 week, so my due date stayed at September 24.
I'm just worried of the same situation happening.

I would. Sorry but your doctor sounds pretty rigid. Just be very aware of the risks of being over your date. I don't know what they are but make sure you educate yourself.

I would lie too... if they feel its really off they will just say your ovulation was later than you thought. my babies always measure big

I wouldn't but I don't want to go a day over 37 weeks and the OB I have now said I would have to have a CS. I'm not taking the risk if baby dieing after that point.

They can't make you do anything.
I don't understand why your doctor didn't go by the scan date...
Find another doctor if you don't feel that your ideas follow their work practices.
Xx

I've not had a proper LMP with most of my pregnancies, but the doctors just go off scan date. So changing your LMP date won't do anything.

But you can decline any treatment you don't want, including c-section.

The point of the dating scan is to give you an accurate due date as lmp is so often wrong. At the early stages a week makes a big difference for when tests can be done. I'd get a different doctor myself.

Plus as the others said all medical treatment is under consent only. They can so much as take your blood pressure without asking. If you don't want a c section you can refuse one. People refuse cancer treatment and jehovas witnesses dont take other peoples blood so so if you dont give consent they have to follow your wishes. Make sure your next of kin knows too.

Thank you so much for all the responses.
I think i am going to lie about the date. As for the doctor, it's kind of a bad idea to change because i could end up with a much worse one. Like with my first pregnancy when i had a c section because the doctor made more money doing it! Healthcare is terrible here in us.

I think i am going to lie about the date. As for the doctor, it's kind of a bad idea to change because i could end up with a much worse one. Like with my first pregnancy when i had a c section because the doctor made more money doing it! Healthcare is terrible here in us.

I agree that they can't make you do what you don't want to do and you do need to do what you feel is right in your situation. Your baby isn't going to 'die' because you change your date by 1 week but like the other posters mentioned, when you get your nauchal translucency and other timely tests, just ensure you're inbetween the 12-13 week and other appropriate marks.

It's sad that you can't find a better doctor, with all of the internet ratings out there and the supply of doctors available in this day and age. Sorry to hear you felt forced by your first doctor to do a C-section. Again, do what you feel is right for your situation and just make sure you're aware of any complications that may come of your decision.

I think lying might be the only way to get a later date (or get a doctor that will go by scan date). My doctor right now will NOT change my due date even though my scans are measuring a week ahead. :shrug: Stupid, but at least I know when I'm due. lol

I think lying might be the only way to get a later date (or get a doctor that will go by scan date). My doctor right now will NOT change my due date even though my scans are measuring a week ahead. :shrug: Stupid, but at least I know when I'm due. lol

I've had 2 pregnancies in 2 years and my doc was incorrect with both due dates. Even though the due date with my second pregnancy should be set in stone because it was through IVF, she still had it wrong according to her analogue circular charting system. I told her what multiple websites came up with using the ER date and she adjusted her date to what I told her. Doctors aren't always the wiser.:winkwink:

I agree that they can't make you do what you don't want to do and you do need to do what you feel is right in your situation. Your baby isn't going to 'die' because you change your date by 1 week but like the other posters mentioned, when you get your nauchal translucency and other timely tests, just ensure you're inbetween the 12-13 week and other appropriate marks.

It's sad that you can't find a better doctor, with all of the internet ratings out there and the supply of doctors available in this day and age. Sorry to hear you felt forced by your first doctor to do a C-section. Again, do what you feel is right for your situation and just make sure you're aware of any complications that may come of your decision.

Tell that to all my friends that lost their babies at 38 weeks+ waiting for their scheduled CSs/ deliveries!

Tell that to all my friends that lost their babies at 38 weeks+ waiting for their scheduled CSs/ deliveries!

I'm so sorry to hear your friends suffered such terrible losses. I can't imagine. However, I think this is quite a frightening and insensitive thing to write on a forum where we're all pregnant and most of us are likely to go past 38 weeks. 40 weeks is the average, so many women here will go way past 40 weeks and probably don't want something like this weighing on their minds. The vast majority of women who deliver after 38 weeks (all the way up to 42 weeks) go on to have beautiful healthy babies and I think this is the fact we should be advertising, not the poor few who had something dreadful happen.

xx

One of the mods has been on a few times saying how unfortunate it is about hearing so many 'friends' stories with very little real information-and I agree. In this day of advanced medicine this story sounds bizarre and you know what they say, when it sounds far fetched, it probably is. If it didn't happen to you it's best to state your own experiences rather than try to prove your point at all costs.

Thread closed, will be reviewing user accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"