Should I prevent for a little while?

Celesse

Reaction score
Someone close to me has just had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and is pretty devastated. :cry:

Me and OH are currently NTNP, but I'm still BFing LO and I don't see BFP happening any time soon. We are not desperate for another baby right but would like to keep the gap pretty close. Our plans where to NTNP until AF returns with the hope of catching the first egg and I'm hoping to be pregnant by the time I go back to work.

I'm thinking we should actively protect for a little while to avoid getting pregnant and having an EDD close to when her's would have been and give them a chance to get pregnant first. I feel like it should be her turn first iykwim.

Anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice/opinions to offer?

hey hun, ooo this is a v.tricky one :( im not sure, i think you should do what is right for you, im sure she would be jelous but its your life remember and you have to look after whats right for your husband and yourself... and if that means youse are pregnant before her it was obviously meant to be :)
Hope this helps.. :hugs:
xxx

:hugs: wow you are one great friend!

Personally I think you should carry on ntnp, when bfing before 6 months esp with no af you are not very fertile.

I understand you want her to conceive first, but you dont want to risk feeling resentful, what if she doesn't conceive quickly?

:flower:

I agree with Mummy3. It's very commendable that you want to wait a while for your friend so she has time to grieve and TTC again but you should be relatively safe whilst your breastfeeding and that will give her time and you can't hold off until she conceives again

I agree with the ladies. Carry on ntnp hun. It could be a while before she conceives again, she might decide to wait a while, you could end up resenting her for that too. It will all work out, but dont hold off.

I want my babies close together to my son is 5 months next weekend and we are ntnp and hope to catch it the next year but i`m not breastfeeding gave it up when baby was 6 weeks,so i been having regular periods.I think you should follow your heart ,even if you do get preg you dont have to tell your friend untill your 3-4 months.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->