should I put baby straight to bed if he falls asleep on my breast

purplesparkle

Reaction score
or should I burp him. I have been burping him after he falls asleep on my breast but then he wakes and cries for ages until we can get him back to sleep. just don't want him to be uncomfortable if he had trapped air.

what do u guys do when baby falls asleep on boob

In the early days I would burp him. If he was fussy after that I would nurse again and put him down. Maybe until about 3 months? Now at almost 7 months I put him right to bed.

It seems he's waking in a distraught manner if you wake him, so I'd say it's worth a shot trying without burping. Some babies just don't get as gassy as others :)

he is over 3 months now 14 weeks I will try that as he doesn't always burp so feel like I'm wasting my time

Shes 11 months now so not very burpy, but i have always put her over my shoulder (asleep) and rubbed her back, sometimes she'll burp sometimes not and i just put her down after about a minute (or longer to enjoy the snuggles!!)

I have to burp my little lady, as I know if I put her straight down she will just wake up again due to not burping x

I have to burp my little lady, as I know if I put her straight down she will just wake up again due to not burping x

Same here. LO is a year old now and I still have this problem. If it doesn't make your LO wrestles it won't do any harm not to burp though.

When I could tell my son was slowing down I would pull him off and burp him and then put him back on, let him finish then put him to sleep. He's 3 months now and he burps on his own when he's finished whether he's asleep or awake!

My son seems to relax while being burped so it's not a huge problem for us but in the early days I would do what the other ladies said and burp him and if he woke up let him nurse himself back to sleep.....seems to work like a charm.

During the night mine feeds loads better and doesn't seem to need to burp. I put him down as when I tried to he would wake and cry. He is much happier if I don't burp him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->