Should i raise hell??

L

Litol_x_Me

Okay so my brain being a bit slow lately i have actually just caught onto something.....

NO-ONE HAS EVEN OFFERED OR LET ME HEAR MY LO'S HB!!!!!!!!!!!!:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

Lucky i have a dopper but they don't know that so why at 16+4 has no-one even listened too the hb??

Alot of you on here have had there's listened too and most of you are weeks behind me!!!

Why the hell is everyone getting what i ain't??!!

First it was the mw appointment then the date for scans then my bloods and now bloody this!!!!

Urgh i am so fucking fed up (soz for language) i really am just too the point of urgh!!!

:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

I wouldnt worry to much to this date ive never had it listened to at a routine check-up. My m/w says they dont do it incase they cant find it and causes more worry :) but like you say ive got my dopper. But since he started moving at 16 weeks gotta say i never use it. And now theres no mistaking he is there when you get a kick in the rib :) XXX

If you feel the need to hear it, you should ask your m/w, my m/w always used them ones that they put thier ear against, so i never heard it until i went hospital. (with my other i mean, not this one, lol)

hun I didnt hear it till 18+5 and that was only cos I had a sickness bug and doc wanted to check!!!

Its only from my 24 week check up I heard it at my mw appointment!!

A lot of MWs don't try until 16 weeks just incase they can't find it and the mothers panic. Just ask at your next appointment :)

When is your next apointment, they might do it then? I know its different in every area but if your doctors surgery has a community midwife just book an apointment with them and say you just wanted to check everything was ok. They cant say no if you would like to listen because your worried.

I havant had one either...i only had one when i went to A&E

I'm now 37 weeks and have only ever heard the HB once at the hospital... my MW always uses one of those ear trumpet thingies. And looking back through my notes, the first time she actually listened to it wasn't until my 25 week appt...

And I refused to buy a doppler for myself as I think it's one of those things that if you don't use it properly, and you can't find the HB for any reason, it only causes you undue stress and panic.

At the end of the day, women have been having babies for longer than we can imagine, and it's only in very recent times we've had the luxury of scans and dopplers etc... and I sometimes begin to wonder whether we're given too much information these days?!

Did you ever get your 16 week bloods taken?

Hiya, i haven't heard my babys heartbeat either! So don't worry too much :hug:
I did see its wee heart beating at all the scans we have had though xxx

I didnt think most mw/s even tried until the 16wk appointment hun, so dont worry.

You've found it yourself with your own so thats some comfort hun

I didnt hear my LO heart till my 16 week check up and it took her 10 mins to find it which scared me hahaha now at every visit she checks

I haven't heard it either, luckily I bought a Doppler too.

They said to me on my 12week scan, I'd get to hear it on my 18week scan.

I couldn't wait so long, so I got a doppler, lol.

my midwife didn't listen with doppler to beanies heartbeat until i was 16 weeks. i think it cos it can be hard to find prior to that or something.

Christine
X

When is your next apointment, they might do it then? I know its different in every area but if your doctors surgery has a community midwife just book an apointment with them and say you just wanted to check everything was ok. They cant say no if you would like to listen because your worried.

next appointment not until 24 weeks i think hun xx

I didnt get to hear it until later either... The dont do it early because like someone else said sometimes they cant find it and it causes more worry then necessary.

Once the baby is bigger it is easier to hear, but still hard to find sometimes. My last appointment was at 20 weeks and the nurse who did my BP and pee sample couldnt find the babies HB... My OBGYN found it right away though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->