Should I ring midwife? :/

Lauralily

Mummy to Lily-Grace.
Reaction score
So, I've been using my Doppler since 13 weeks and ALWAYS can find a strong heartbeat which is stupidly fast!
But, just now (still am) I was lying on my bed listening, found the strong fast heartbeat (let's say this heartbeat goes like boom boom boom boom).. It completely stopped then started but only really slow ( like boom...........boom) An I mean REALLY slow like close to stopping.. Then went really fast again and then done the slow again...

I suffer with heart problems myself and is probably genetic, so should I be worried? Think I should contact midwife? :/ x

It was probably just baby moving away from the doppler and then moving back again, but i would ring your midwife just to be on the safe side

Yeah I would call the midwife just to be sure, can you feel your baby moving? x

I have had that and it was baby moving away from the Doppler... It didn't at the start but I'm guessing as I'm further along baby moves more. I'd maybe contact the midwife just to be safe, but also! Mention you have used the doppler plenty of times before and you know this sounds different, as I know mw's dont tend to like people using home dipplers as it can cause panic when they aren't using it correctly etc..... Xx just let her know you know for definate it sounds different. Xxx

I had this same problem around the exact same time along as you in fact. I called the Dr and they said it's 100% normal. They told me that the top of the heart develops slightly quicker then the bottom (sorry im trying to remember she explained it so much better then me) and that they aren't even bothered by the weird beating. They said it always fixes itself as the baby grows and develops.

I made sure to make it clear to the dr that it wasnt just an irregular beating, it would stop for a few seconds and then try to make up for it by quickly beating and she said it's all normal.

I have had that and it was baby moving away from the Doppler... It didn't at the start but I'm guessing as I'm further along baby moves more. I'd maybe contact the midwife just to be safe, but also! Mention you have used the doppler plenty of times before and you know this sounds different, as I know mw's dont tend to like people using home dipplers as it can cause panic when they aren't using it correctly etc..... Xx just let her know you know for definate it sounds different. Xxx

I don't think it's moving away cos i could still feel the thumping on the Doppler from the heart beat :/. yeh, think I might ring her :)! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->