Should I ring to chase this up?

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
I went to see the doctor about a problem Ive been having, basically I get this shooting, stabby pain in my temple, shoulder, elbow, wrist and inbetween my index and middle finger, anyway the doctor took bloods (thought it could be a vitamin deficiency) and there was nothing up with them, he said hed refer me to a neurologist. This was about 3 months ago and I've heard nothing back from the neurologist, should I ring the doctors surger and check up on it?

You should call the doctor's office and find out if someone was supposed to contact you. They should at least give you the number for the neurologist's office so you can get an appointment. I don't know about where you are, but in the US it takes quite a while to get in with a neurologist as a new patient.

Especially if you are still having the symptoms and the tests came back normal. You may need an MRI or CT or some other imaging done.

Okay cheers guys, I'll ring the doctors this afternoon! I'm not sure how long it's meant to take to see one, but I'm guessing they should have rung me or sent me a letter to say we know of you and you're on the list at least?! x

Good luck! I hope you hear back soon.

Ringing again now...will update after I've gotten off the phone!

I just rang up, got the number for the neurologists secretary and they said that it could be anything up to 12 months!

12 months!! Madness!!

Is there any chance you could have your initial consultation private to speed things up? Either through insurance or Benendens or self paying? It might be worth checking how much it would cost. You could also contact your local NHS people and see whether they can do something for you as 12 months is just ridiculous!!!

Is there any chance you could have your initial consultation private to speed things up? Either through insurance or Benendens or self paying? It might be worth checking how much it would cost. You could also contact your local NHS people and see whether they can do something for you as 12 months is just ridiculous!!!

We really can't afford private, and I have no health insurance! I might see if I can get another opinion on my problem and maybe seen a little bit sooner, as it is risiculous! It's not like I'm just having headaches, the pain is really bad, and I get it a lot!

Grrrrrr, 12 months is really unacceptable! Maybe speak to your GP again? They might be able to do something about it or refer you to a different doctor.
Otherwise, speak to your local NHS trust?
You should be able to find the number here: https://www.wales.nhs.uk/ourservices/directory

Good luck :hugs:

They said it's because I am a routine patient? But I mean what I am getting is really sarting to worry me now! I shall tell you what it is again because I can't remember if I told you and I'm too lazy to look back haha!

I get a sharp, stabby, hurty pain in my temple, shoulder, inner elbow, wrist, and in between my index and middle finger all at the same time, sometimes once a day, sometimes every half an hour, or sometimes I get a short burst of loads in an hour! Usually on my right side, but sometimes on my left!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->