should I see my dr???

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
So a quick back story I have a sch but it is between mu placent and uterine lining so I am being monitored for that, last week I was diagnosed with a dangerously low bp after 3 days of fainting (almost fainting) spells headaches and numbness. When I was about 8 or 9 weeks I lost a huge I mean huge chunk of my mucus plug and freaked but everything measured fine with my cervix so all was well there. Now I am 16w5d and yesterday I started feeling a tonne of pressure and heaviness in my cervix as well as losing a little bit of plug after that started I started getting period like cramps that got bad at one point and then disappeared every time I have been on my feet again today the same thing minus the cramps has happened. This is my 3rd pregnancy and never had this feeling until I was at the end of the 3rd tri so its throwing me a little happening so early. Should I be worried or for a 3rd timer this is normal?

I would definitely ring your midwife hun, it may be nothing but it could be a sign you need to be on bed rest.

I am already on bedrest :( I have been for a week I have only had 2 weeks off being on bedrest this whole pregnancy lol thats whats so frustrating dedpite resting constantly things still keep going wrong! We live in a rural town so it will only be a dr I can see there is no baby dr on until monday anyway which sucks.

Oh hun :hugs: do you not have an emergency contact for medical issues over the weekend?

Definitely contact midwife or EPAU. I had an SCH too and finally stopped bleeding at 17weeks, it had gone at 20 week scan its so scary x

We have an emergency department but its only a gp on call no babies drs on the weekend unless they are rostered on and he is off this week and the other baby dr works monday to friday and doesnt take calls from the hospital it is a really badly run system here!!!! I have my babies interstate where my family live as we can't birth her so I spent from 8 weeks until 14 weeks there on rest when they found the sch in the placenta. I am not so worried abiut the sch now as I am hoping it heals by my 20 week scan but the cramps and pressure have got me freaked they are not very approachable at all in the hospital and because they are not midwifes or obstetric gps they kind of fob you off. I think ifnit continues or gets worse I will just go in lucky today my bp has been super low so I have barely gotten out of bed.

I would try to do everything to have a cervical scan because though your symptoms can be totally harmless they would freak me out too!

Often if there's an issue with the cervix you only get a few days to react and put a stitch in. Really don't want to freak you put even more, but do you have any private hospitals you can ring first thing Monday? I don't know how the medical system works in Australia. Over in the UK they also don't do any cervix scans on the NHS unless you had issues in the past. But there are private hospitals/clinics that do private scans. It's not cheap but worth it!

The nearest hospital that does scanning is 3hrs away unfortunately but I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon with a gp because some of the blood work I had done has come bavk bad about my blood pressure so I will be asking then. He does not do any form of baby pregnant care so I may have to book 2 separate apps. It is so hard living in this small town when I am pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->