Should I, shouldn't I? ... BCP

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Hi ladies, don't often post in here but hoping I can have some rational thoughts from you girls :flower:

I started back on microgynon 30 in July after having Violet and have been taking it until the end of Dec/beginning of Jan as I run out and couldn't get to Drs in time for the next lot.

Well I've got an app on Tues to get some more but now I'm thinking is it worth it?

We're planning to TTC round about Sept time and I'm worried that if I go back on it, it's gonna muck my cycles up as I'd probably stop taking it about July/August.

What with pregnancy, then being on bcp for aprox.6m then off for a month then back on it for a few months... Am I right in thinking I'm probably better off just not going back on it?

TIA x

If I was in your position, I wouldn't go back on the pill since for me the negatives outweigh the benefits.

It just depends on what is right for you, for me it was a case of I knew I would be trying this year, so I came off the pill in July09 to get used to my cycles, and all I can say is thankgod I did come off when I did as I am still waiting for my first natural period (7 months down the line)! We were originally going to try this April but now has been moved back to September (due to the now upcoming wedding :happydance:) I am now waiting longer, my doctor offered to represcribe me the pill up until September but to me it isn't worth it, since yeah condoms are not the most pleasant thing in the world but I would rather stay off them since I would rather try and get my body doing something of its own accord.

So no I don't think it is worth it, but that is from my own personal experiences. Just weight the pros and cons since it may be different for you.

Hope this helps.

I'm taking my last BCP next week to prepare for TTC from last week of August, so I would say it's not really worth it. Just be very careful, of course, and avoid :sex: during your fertile days and should be no probs.

If I was in your position, I wouldn't go back on the pill since for me the negatives outweigh the benefits.

It just depends on what is right for you, for me it was a case of I knew I would be trying this year, so I came off the pill in July09 to get used to my cycles, and all I can say is thankgod I did come off when I did as I am still waiting for my first natural period (7 months down the line)! We were originally going to try this April but now has been moved back to September (due to the now upcoming wedding :happydance:) I am now waiting longer, my doctor offered to represcribe me the pill up until September but to me it isn't worth it, since yeah condoms are not the most pleasant thing in the world but I would rather stay off them since I would rather try and get my body doing something of its own accord.

So no I don't think it is worth it, but that is from my own personal experiences. Just weight the pros and cons since it may be different for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers hun
I can relate to that.. I've been on the pill pretty much consistantly since I was about 15 and before that my cycles were pretty irregular (come off when 23 so near enough 10yrs on the pill). I wouldn't know what my natural cycles are like now!

Thanks for the replies girls, think I just needed reassurance that I wasn't blowing it out of proportion as I've gotta try and convince OH that I shouldn't go back on the pill - no idea how he'll feel about that :dohh:

I think if you explain that you know you aren't trying for one now but are getting your body back to normal ready for when you do he should be understanding:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->