Should I speak to his teacher?

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
DS is 4 1/2 and super quiet at school. He really doesn't talk to anyone.

Today when I was getting him ready for his bath he told me his arm was still hurting. I asked him why and he said 'because **** hit me with his shoe'.

He has language delays so trying to figure out whether this was deliberate or an accident was impossible. All I know is he said it hurt a lot, it happened in the class room and he didn't tell his teacher.

I don't know if I should go and speak to his teacher or quite what that will achieve. Maybe it's just one of thise things and I should leave it unless it happens again?

I'd maybe mention it so they can keep a closer eye on things. Also I'd encourage him to tell an adult if things happen at school that make him sad.

I'd maybe mention it so they can keep a closer eye on things. Also I'd encourage him to tell an adult if things happen at school that make him sad.

Thanks. He's just so quiet that he never tells them/asks for anything. He'll just suffer so I'm always worrying about him.

:hugs: Maybe try asking him a direct question at the end of every day about whether anybody made him feel bad. Would he respond to that? Hopefully it was just a one off accident.

I wouldn't say anything this time but if something happens again i would talk to his teacher. They do try to keep an eye on things but obviously it's not easy with so many children in the class. My son has come home on the odd occasion and said 'so and so hit me' I've always then monitored it rather than rushing round to the school.

I would be speaking to the teacher. They need to be alerted to the fact that this has happened, particular in a child with communicative problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->