Should Kate Obey?

we wrote our own vows and we definitely didn't include that, its not something I would want to be part of our relationship, I don't think she or anyone should have to. I didn't notice in the optional ceremony vows, maybe its something specific to church weddings or maybe different places do different vows.

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure on this one.

I certainly don't agree with the word "obey"... absolutely no way I would have said that at my wedding! But I do sort of think she should have done it out of respect for the family, if it was in fact tradition to say it. I imagine she knew about it beforehand. Then again, I can't say I would have done it either if I were her! I'm a little too strong willed for that... but probably why I will never marry a prince!

Most vows leave that out now, my mum was asked if she wanted to have it added in 30 odd years ago and she said no I wasnt even asked about it it was just left out and mine was a traditional catholic service.
The queen also opted to have it left out of hers and look how long ago that was, its just an outdated phrasing that doesnt realy apply these days and I agree respect is a much better opption

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->