Should we bring back the dog licence?

I don't know enough about dogs to really have an opinion but I was looking on Gumtree and Preloved and on dog shelter websites today as we're thinking of getting a mongrel pup when we move house and the amount of Bull Mastiff and Staffordshire terriers being gotten rid of was astounding! Way more than any other breed, and many were adults. Broke my heart a little for the dogs. People are obviously frightened.

Regarding the prevention of dog abandonment, I don't think chipping would help. I live in an area where we get a lot of 'stop and drops' that we end up taking to the local shelter ourselves and I'm sad to say that there are a number of owners out there who will simply do a DIY chip removal attempt. This is why I hate pet chipping. And shitty owners.

I do think owners need to be checked out, especially if people are being attacked! Dogs can do damage so surely people should have to do something for this extra responsibility they are holding.

I do not believe in enforcing dog chipping :/ I do however believe in license's. Our town council requires all dogs to be registered and wear a tag, failure to do so will first result in fine. ... It doesn't really prevent situations such as this one with the poor girl though. I also believe that it is the owner responsible in the end, and that the owner should also have to pay the consequences.

I think not just for the welfare of people but for the welfare of the animal Aswell I believe owners should have licences for their dogs and they should be micro chipped.

Last week a my cousins step children's (they are staying with her at the moment as the way their mum treats them is appalling :cry:) mum was arrested by the police for starving 8 puppies in her cupboard under the stairs, 3 puppies out of the 8 survived... These puppies were All varying in age They were found so emaciated it even shocked the RSPCA :cry:. The food they had been given which was very little wasn't proper food and had been bad for them.

The little food they were given was cereal and sweets every now and then by my cousins step children who are 5 and 7 as they thought they were helping the puppies when their nasty cruel mum went out the room.... A lot of people say if she can treat these dogs like this she could treat her kids like it and yes she does even worse that's why my cousin has them... But that's a whole different thread :cry:.

What I'm trying to say I'd if dog licensing was compulsory perhaps then these dogs may of been helped sooner, as she wouldn't of had a chance to keep buying more and more and letting them suffer so needlessly :shrug:

X

I own 3 dogs and wouldn't mind a dogs licence. I'd rather pay that than tv licence!

I think not just for the welfare of people but for the welfare of the animal Aswell I believe owners should have licences for their dogs and they should be micro chipped.

Last week a my cousins step children's (they are staying with her at the moment as the way their mum treats them is appalling :cry:) mum was arrested by the police for starving 8 puppies in her cupboard under the stairs, 3 puppies out of the 8 survived... These puppies were All varying in age They were found so emaciated it even shocked the RSPCA :cry:. The food they had been given which was very little wasn't proper food and had been bad for them.

The little food they were given was cereal and sweets every now and then by my cousins step children who are 5 and 7 as they thought they were helping the puppies when their nasty cruel mum went out the room.... A lot of people say if she can treat these dogs like this she could treat her kids like it and yes she does even worse that's why my cousin has them... But that's a whole different thread :cry:.

What I'm trying to say I'd if dog licensing was compulsory perhaps then these dogs may of been helped sooner, as she wouldn't of had a chance to keep buying more and more and letting them suffer so needlessly :shrug:

X

Dear god!! How can people like this exist?!

X

Dear god!! How can people like this exist?!

I know its terrible she makes me sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->