Should we call baby boy by middle name?

Grieving30

Expecting baby boy
Reaction score
My boyfriend's name is Corey and he really would like our son's first name to be Corey and said we can just call him by his middle name. It would be Corey Elijah and we would call him Elijah. I prefer naming him Elijah Corey, but I told him I would think about it. What are your thoughts?

Well my nephew has the same name as his daddy and we just call him "Baby David" so we don't get the two confused. It's really up to you hun but I think Elijah Corey sounds nicer.

my son is called by his middle name as is most of my family, no one has ever had a problem with it apart from being called by your first name at the doctors and even then you just tell them you prefer to use your middle name (if you tell schools they will write the middle name instead of first on the register so no problems there)

i think go for it, its a lovely compromise - my OH pick DS first name and i picked the middle which hes known by

I think I prefer Elijah Corey tbh, you are still honouring your OH by using his name as a middle name, and if he isn't going to be called Corey anyway then I would think it may be easier for him in the long run to not have to explain his name. :shrug:

ps: My eldest son has my DH name as his middle name, and he loves the fact that he has his Daddy's name :thumbup:

If he's going to be called by his middle name, I'd just use that as his first name :shrug: seems a lot easier to me and he still has his dad's name. I prefer Elijah Corey too

Xx

I would just use Elijah as his first name and use Corey as his middle. You're still honoring OH that way and LO won't run into problems when he's older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->